Dec. 8, 2011
Box Score |
Vanderbilt 87, Davidson 83
December 5, 2011 * Belk Arena – Davidson, N.C.
- Kevin Stallings is now 365-214 in his career, and 242-151 with the Commodores. He is also 2-0 against Davidson.
- Vanderbilt moves to 4-1 all-time against Davidson and 1-1 against the Wildcats at Davidson.
- The Commodores are now 1-1 in true road games, and have one non-conference road game left this season (at Marquette, 12/29).
- Vanderbilt is 3-1 this season in black uniforms.
- The Commodores won the opening tip, the eighth time this season that has happened and is now 6-2 in those games.
- Davidson shot only 22.7% from three.
- Vanderbilt shot 48.4% from the floor against the Wildcats, compared to 44.3%. The Dores were 46.7% from three, and 76.9% from the charity stripe.
- The 76.9% clip from the free-throw line was the team’s second-best performance of the season (best, Oregon State, .833 (5-6)).
- The Commodores outrebounded the Wildcats, 38-32. Vanderbilt is 6-0 on the season when outrebounding their opponent. VU outrebounded Davidson, 14-12, on the offensive glass, and outscored the Wildcats, 14-11, in second-chance points.
- Vanderbilt scored a season-high 42 points in the paint and also received 24 points from their bench.
- Vanderbilt’s largest lead of the game came at the 7:59 mark in the second half – an 18-point margin.
- With Jeffery Taylor’s three at the 15:17 mark in the first half, VU extended its consecutive game streak with a three-pointer to 805 games.
- Jeffery Taylor scored a career-high 30 points on 12-17 shooting from the floor. He was also 3-4 from beyond-the-arc. It was Vanderbilt’s first 30-point individual performance since John Jenkins scored 32 points in a win over Kentucky on Feb. 12, 2011.
- Taylor’s 12 made field goals were also a career high.
- Festus Ezeli returned from a sprained right knee to see his first action of the season. The 6’11 big man scored 15 points in 21 minutes, and also grabbed six boards.
- Ezeli’s seven made free throws tied for the team’s second most by an individual this season. Brad Tinsley made eight free throws against Monmouth.
- John Jenkins scored 22 points, his fifth 20+-point game of the season and 26th of his career.
- Jenkins has also scored in double figures in 40 consecutive games.