Vanderbilt - Arkansas Postgame Notes
Feb. 8, 2014
Arkansas 77, Vanderbilt 75
- Saturday’s game marked the 30th time the Commodores and the Razorbacks have matched up.
- Arkansas has now beaten Vandy in 19 of 30 games played.
- Vanderbilt’s four game win-streak was snapped.
- The ‘Dores are now 9-4 at Memorial Gym this season.
- Attendance was 10,647
- Starters: Odom, Siakam, Jones, Fuller and Parker
- Vanderbilt held a 75-74 lead until Arkansas’ Michael Qualls hit a three with four seconds left.
- The Commodores allowed a season high 45 points in the first half against the Razorbacks.
- Vanderbilt allowed 61 percent (17-of-28) shooting in the first half, a season high.
- VU also allowed a season high 62.5 percent (10-of-16) from outside the arc.
- Vanderbilt trailed by as much as nine points in the game.
- The ‘Dores shot 51.1 percent (24-of-47) from the floor and 38.1 percent (8-of-21) from outside.
- Vandy committed 15 turnovers, just four in the second half.
- The Commodores’ bench was outscored 40-2 by the Razorbacks.
- Rod Odom led the Commodores with 22 points on 8-of-14 shooting and 3-of-7 from outside the arc. This is the third time this season Odom has had back-to-back 20 point games.
- Kyle Fuller finished with 20 points and five assists. He converted on 8-of-13 from the free throw line. It was his third 20 point game of the season.
- Dai-Jon Parker was subbed out of the game at the 11:10 mark in the first half, snapping a streak of 208 minutes and 50 seconds played in a row. He finished with 11 points, and was 3-of-4 from outside the arc.
- Walk-on Carter Josephs played a career high 17 minutes. His previous high was six minutes.
- Damian Jones was 4-of-6 from the field, finishing with 12 points. He also pulled down seven rebounds and had two blocks.
Men's Basketball Headlines