April 4, 2013
NASHVILLE – No. 17 Vanderbilt completes its five-match road trip with a final stop at Kentucky Friday, April 5 at 11 a.m. CT at the Hilary J. Boone Tennis Complex.
Last Time Out
Vanderbilt snapped its three-match losing streak with a win at No. 22 Auburn (5-2) Friday, but fell in a heartbreaker, 4-3, at No. 8 Alabama Sunday afternoon. The Commodores (12-9, 5-5) and Crimson Tide needed five hours and 34 minutes to decide the match that eventually went to Alabama. Against Auburn, the Commodores bounced back after dropping the doubles point to win five of the six singles matches. Freshmen Courtney Colton and Georgina Sellyn and sophomore Ashleigh Antal each went 2-0 over the weekend in singles. Colton and Lauren Mira teamed up to defeat the sixth-ranked duo of Mary Anne Macfarlane and Alexa Guarachi from Alabama in No. 1 doubles, 8-6.
- Mira and Sellyn are both ranked in the ITA Singles Rankings at Nos. 61 and 83, respectively.
- Mira and Courtney Colton are the 18th-ranked doubles team in ITA Doubles Rankings.
- Antal is a team best 16-2 in dual play and 9-1 in SEC play.
- Sellyn also sports a 9-1 record in conference action and has won four-consecutive singles matches.
- Three Commodores (Antal, Colton and Sellyn) have at least 20 wins on the season.
- Vanderbilt is 23-19 all-time versus Kentucky and has won the last 10 meetings.
- Vanderbilt is one of 12 schools that have both their men’s and women’s programs ranked inside the top 25.
About Kentucky (12-9, 3-7)
The Kentucky women's tennis team went 0-2 over the weekend, falling 6-1 at No. 8 Alabama on Friday and 4-0 on Sunday to 22nd-ranked Auburn. Freshman Nadia Ravita defeated Alabama's 26th-ranked Mary Anne Macfarlane in straight sets 6-4, 7-5. Ravita is the 24th-ranked player in the most recent ITA Singles Rankings. Ravita and Caitlin McGraw come in at No. 77 in the ITA Doubles Rankings.
Fans can follow the action live by clicking here for the match. Also be sure to follow the Commodores on Twitter at @Vandywtennis.
Vanderbilt completes the SEC season with home matches versus South Carolina next Friday, April 12 at 4 p.m. and Florida on Sunday, April 14 at 1 p.m.