The fourth-ranked Vanderbilt women’s tennis team hits the road for the first time in Southeastern Conference play this weekend, facing Missouri on Friday at 3:30 p.m. CT and No. 32 Arkansas on Sunday at noon.
The Commodores head into the second weekend of league action with a 9-2 record. VU opened SEC play last weekend, earning a 4-1 victory against Auburn and a 4-0 sweep over Alabama. Vanderbilt’s two losses came consecutively against Pepperdine (4-3) and Northwestern (4-2) earlier this season.
- VU began the season ranked second, and has not left the ITA top 10
- Vanderbilt boasts four ranked singles players; No. 5 Fernanda Contreras, No. 22 Astra Sharma, No. 27 Christina Rosca and No. 98 Amanda Meyer
- Vanderbilt could field two top-30 tandems; No. 20 Rosca/ Emma Kurtz and No. 26 Contreras/Sharma
- Rosca and Meyer remain undefeated in doubles with a 6-0 record
- Meyer made her ITA singles debut this week in the latest singles poll
Tracking the Tigers:
- Missouri owns an 11-4 record
- The Tigers sit 0-1 in conference play, falling to Arkansas 4-1
- Missouri is led by three seniors – Kadi Fauble, Amina Ismail and Clare Raley
- Ismail boasts a 6-1 dual record, going 3-0 at No. 3 singles
- Mizzou has played primarily at home, nearing the end of a 10-match, five-weekend homestand
- Last year Vandy defeated Mizzou 6-1 in Nashville
- Live streams of all six courts will be available at mutigers.com/watchtennis
- Arkansas has two student-athletes in the ITA singles poll; No. 66 Giulia Pairone and No. 87 Ana Oparenovic
- Four Razorback doubles pairs appear in the ITA tandems rankings with teams coming in at Nos. 30, 47, 51 and 67
- The Hogs have won the doubles point in nine of their 10 matches this season.
- Vanderbilt downed Arkansas 5-2 in their last meeting
- Fans can follow Sunday’s match via live scoring at RazorbackStats.com