Recapping Weekend's Bowling Records
Dec. 3, 2012
Vanderbilt's record book took a serious rewriting during last weekend's Track Kat Klash. We thought it would be interesting to have a run-down of the new records and all-time top performances.
- Vanderbilt's 1,156 team game was best in school history, topping the 1,148 against Minnesota-Mankato during the 2006-07 season.
- Vandy's 280 Baker game against Arkansas State was the program's fifth best, behind a pair of 300 games (2007 NCAA championship vs FDU and Central Missouri in the 2011 Music City Classic) and two 289-games. The lineup for the 280 was Amanda Fry, Nicole Mosesso, Natalie Goodman, Robyn Renslow and Jessica Earnest.
- Vanderbilt's 920 4-game Baker set against Arkansas State was the second highest on record. VU had a 926 in the 2009-10 McKendree Baker Challenge.
- Freshman Amanda Fry made her second all-tournament team, the 11th Commodore in program history to make an all-tourney team. Only seven `Dores have made more than two teams. Josie Earnest's 19 leads the category with Brittni Hamilton's 15 next.
- Fry's tournament victory makes her just the sixth Commodore to take home MVP honors. The others are Tara Kane (once/2005), Mandy Keily (once/2006), Josie Earnest (four times), Karen Grygiel (once/2007) and Brittni Hamilton (four times).
- Fry's 290 game ranks behind Hamilton's 300 game last year and Kaitlin Reynold's 299 (2005-06) as the third best on VU's chart.
- Fry's 239.2 average over five games tops Josie Earnest's prior record of 236.5 over six games at the Jeanette Lee event during 2008-09.