March 25, 2014
Vanderbilt senior guards Christina Foggie and Jasmine Lister were named All-Region nominees for the WBCA Division I Coaches' All-America Team on Tuesday.
The WBCA selection committee will select a 10-member All-America Team from the 52 candidates that were announced on Tuesday.The All-America Team will be announced on Saturday, April 5, during NCAA Women's Final Four Super Saturday festivities at Nashville's Bridgestone Arena.
Lister and Foggie -- who played the final games of their storied careers last weekend when the Commodores were eliminated from the NCAA Tournament -- were selected as nominees in the WBCA's Region 3. They were joined on the region's nominee list by DeNesha Stallworth (Kentucky), Tiffany Mitchell (South Carolina), Aleighsa Welch (South Carolina), Meighan Simmons (Tennessee) and Isabelle Harrison (Tennessee).
For complete list of nominees, click here.
Foggie and Lister established themselves as iconic players at Vanderbilt, and they are leaving terrific legacies with the Commodores. Both rank among the program's Top-10 in all-time scoring, and they each enjoyed record-setting seasons as seniors.
MORE ON FOGGIE:
* Led the SEC in scoring in the regular season (for the second time in her career) and finished the season averaging 19.0 points per game.
* Is the school's all-time leader in 3-pointers (276).
* Scored in double figures in all but two games this season, including every SEC game.
* Ranks seventh on the school's all-time scoring list (1,743).
MORE ON LISTER:
* Shattered the school record for minutes played (4,626).
* Made 129 consecutive starts -- every game of her career.
* Ranks third on the school's all-time lists for assists (591).
* Ranks 10th on the school's all-time scoring list (1,618).
* Led the team in assists (144).
* Was named espnW's national player of the week on Jan. 12. That same week, she was named the SEC's Player of the Week and the USBWA Player of the Week.