- This is the fifth meeting between the Lady Bucs and the Commodores.
- The series is tied 2-2 after Vanderbilt at ETSU last year.
- Vanderbilt is coming off of its holiday break and an 84-47 against TSU.
First Half Notes
- Merideth Marsh started out the game with a quick grab from the tipoff and had a fast break layup at the 19:56 mark.
- Lauren Lueders hit her first 3-pointer of the game at the 18:57 mark. This is her 18th of the season and 94th of her career.
- The Commodores and the Lady Bucs traded baskets for the first four minutes of the game, even allowing ETSU to gain a six-point lead, until Lauren Lueders hit her second 3-pointer of the night at the 13:28 mark, bringing Vandy within three. This marks her 95th of her career and her 19th of the season.
- At the 10:43 mark in the first half, Lauren Lueders hit her third 3-pointer of the contest, owning over half of Vanderbilt's points at the time.
- Vanderbilt took its first lead since the 16:43 mark with a jumper from Lauren Lueders at the 7:10 mark.
- Vanderbilt went on a 15-6 run giving way to a 34-30 lead, with Tiffany Clarke leading the way, contributing six points in the run.
- The Commodores took a 42-37 lead into halftime. The `Dores already had two scorers in double digits, both who are recent additions to the regular starting lineup: Lauren Lueders with 13 points and Tiffany Clarke with 12.
- ETSU's TaRonda Wiles led all scorers with 19 points
- ETSU started the game 6-for-8 from the perimeter, but missed their last seven 3-point attempts, all during Vanderbilt's run towards the end of the first half.
Second Half Notes
- Lauren Lueders beat her career high in 3-pointers in a game with her fourth coming at the 18:33 mark in the second half. This is her 20th of the season and 96th of her career. With this 3-pointer, she also eclipsed her career high with more than 18 minutes remaining in the contest.
- With ETSU's defensive focus on her, Lauren Lueders dished out a perfect assist to Tiffany Clarke, who drove inside for a much-needed Vanderbilt layup at the 15:30 mark of the second half.
- With a free throw at the 15:30 mark of the second half, Tiffany Clarke contributed 15 points, thus beating her career high in points (formerly 14).
- Vandy went on a 10-2 run to push the lead to 57-44 with 14:12 left in the second half.
- Vanderbilt allowed ETSU within seven points in the second half, but pulled away with a double-digit lead with a jumper from Jence Rhoads at the 5:59 mark of the second half. That lead was solidified by a layup by Tiffany Clarke at the 4:46 mark of the second half.
- Tiffany Clarke achieved her first double-double of her career, grabbing her 10th board at the 3:07 mark in the second half.
- Merideth Marsh hit her 199th career 3-pointer at the 2:36 mark of the second half.
- With the win, Vanderbilt moves to 11-1 to end their non-conference part of the schedule. ETSU falls to 4-5 on the season.
- Vanderbilt now holds an edge in the series with a 3-2 advantage and a 2-1 advantage in Nashville against the Lady Bucs.