Dec. 21, 2013
Box Score |
Vanderbilt 83, UNC Asheville 57
December 21, 2013
- Saturday's game marks only the second contest between the Commodores and Bulldogs, with the first match-up taking place 12 years ago.
- The win gives Vandy a 2-0 advantage in the series.
- Vanderbilt extends its current win-streak to seven games. The win also gives the 'Dores 12 straight wins in the month of December. Vandy's last December loss came on the road at NC State on December 18, 2011.
- The Commodores started Heather Bowe, Christina Foggie, Jasmine Lister, Kady Schrann and Morgan Batey. It was the first start of the season for both Schrann and Batey.
- Attendance was 3,201.
- Vanderbilt took a 38-21 lead into halftime.
- The `Dores shot 47.1 percent (16-of-34) from the floor, including 2-of-9 from outside the arc.
- Vandy held UNC Asheville to just 25.8 percent (8-of-31) shooting and 15.4 percent (2-of-13) from long range.
- VU scored 45 second half points, finishing the game 55.7 percent (34-of-61) shooting.
- The `Dores struggled from outside converting on only 3-of-13 from outside.
- VU dominated the paint, outscoring 46-24.
- Vandy showed again why its the third-ranked offense in the SEC, scoring at least 80 points for the seventh time this season.
- Senior Jasmine Lister finished the game with seven assists, eclipsing the 500 mark in the first half. Lister currently sits sixth on the career assist list with 503, just two shy of fifth. She also tacked on nine points and two boards.
- Freshman Kylee Smith finished with a career high 17 points on 7-of-9 shooting. After starting the year 1-of-12 from the free throw line, Smith has hit 14-straight after going 3-of-3, Saturday.
- Heather Bowe finished with 16 points, for her third game in double-figures this season. All three double-figures scoring games have come in the past four games.
- Jasmine Jenkins finished with 12 points, for her fourth game in double-figures.