Dec. 21, 2010
Box Score |
Vanderbilt 74, Western Kentucky 48
December 21, 2010 – Memorial Gymnasium – Nashville, Tenn.
• Vanderbilt started freshman Jasmine Lister, sophomore Gabby Smith and seniors Hanna Tuomi, Jence Rhoads, and Rebecca Silinski.
• This is the fourth-straight game the Commodores have started this lineup and only the fourth time this year.
• Hanna Tuomi leads Vanderbilt with 94 career starts and made her 105th appearance while Jence Rhoads made her 90th start and team-leading 110th appearance.
• Rebecca Silinksi made her 54th appearance and fourth career start with all coming this season.
• Gabby Smith mad her 44th appearance and 10th start while Jasmine Lister made her 11th start and appearance.
• Lister and Tuomi are the only players to start every game this year for the Commodores.
• Vanderbilt is now 20-12 against Western Kentucky while Melanie Balcomb moves to 6-1 against the Lady Toppers.
• The 26-point margin of victory is the second largest Vanderbilt has had against Western Kentucky with the highest being 31 points set on December 7, 2000 when the Commodores won 89-58.
• The Commodores held the Lady Toppers to a season-low 48 points, five points less than Quinnipiac had on November 26.
• For the third time this season, Vanderbilt held an opponent to 22 first-half points.
• Vanderbilt shot a season-best .857 (24-for-28) from the free throw line, topping the previous best of .800 set against Southern Illinois on December 7.
• Vanderbilt held WKU to a season-low one three-point basket, one less than the previous low set by Duquesne on December 19.
• The Lady Toppers only shot 26.2% (17-for-65) from the field, the lowest percentage an opponent has had against the Commodores this season.
• This marked the fifth game that at least four players scored in double digits for the Commodores.
• 12 different players saw action for the Commodores this season.
• Vanderbilt is now 8-0 when leading at the half.
• Hannah Tuomi dished the ball to Jasmine Lister who made a three-point bucket to give Vanderbilt its first points of the game with 15:41 remaining in the half.
• Lister and Rhoads scored the first 11 points for Vanderbilt before Elan Brown made a two-point jumper to cut Western Kentucky’s lead to 16-13 with 10:11 remaining.
• Stephanie Holzer put in a layup with 6:47 remaining to give Vanderbilt a 17:16 lead, its first of the game.
• Jence Rhoads led the Commodores with 13 points and three rebounds at the half.
• Largest lead: Vanderbilt 6, Western Kentucky 7
• Lead Changes: 3
• Ties: 3
• The Commodores head into half-time leading 28-22.
• Vanderbilt opened up the second half with a 15-4 run that spanned four and a half minutes.
• Holzer made a jumper with 12:01 remaining to give the Commodores a 50-28 lead.
• Tuomi made two free throws with 8:21 remaining to reach her tenth double-digit game and give Vanderbilt a 60-35 lead.
• After WKU earned a technical foul, Foggie went to the line and made both free throws to give the Commodores a 65-35 lead with 7:06 remaining.
• Largest lead: Vanderbilt 32
• Lead Changes: 0
• Ties: 0
• Senior Jence Rhoads made a season-high 21 points, topping her previous best of 19 set against Denver on December 5. It was the most points Rhoads has made against a non-SEC opponent in her career.
• Rhoads matched a career-high nine field-goals set against Kentucky on December 14, 2010.
• Rhoads has recorded an assist in all nine games she has played in this season.
• Freshman Jasmine Lister has made a three-point basket and scored in double digits in all 11 games this year.
• Christina Foggie was a perfect 11-for-11 from the free throw line, setting the ninth best mark in school history.
• Foggie had a career-high four steals, breaking her previous best of two set against Howard and Duquesne.
• Tori Jarosz matched a career-high two rebounds and two blocked shots.