• After missing the first two games of the season due to a right hamstring strain, senior guard Jence Rhoads returned for the Commodores against Florida State. Rhoads was injured in Vanderbilt’s second exhibition game against Union.
• Also returning to the floor Sunday was freshman guard Christina Foggie, who missed Vanderbilt’s last game with a leg injury.
• Vanderbilt opened a 7-2 lead after Florida State scored the opening basket.
• Florida State got back in the game behind Courtney Ward, who scored 12 of FSU’s next 14 points to give the Seminoles a 16-13 lead with 12:15 to play in the half.
• With the score tied at 16 with 10:59 to play in the first half, Florida State went on an 11-2 run to take a 27-18 lead with 8:28 to play.
• Florida State took an 11-point lead, 31-20, with 5:24 to play in the half, its largest of the game.
• Vanderbilt committed 13 turnovers in the first half, while FSU had 12 turnovers at the break.
• Vanderbilt went on a 13-4 run to start the second half to take a 38-37 lead with 13:32 to play in the half … It was VU’s first lead since the 13:07 mark of the first half (13-10).
• First nine minutes, 30 seconds of second half featured eight lead changes.
• With FSU leading by one with 5:08 to play, the Seminoles outscored VU 7-3 to take a 68-61 lead with 52.9 to play.
• Vanderbilt shot 53.3 percent from three, its highest three-point percentage since Feb. 24, 2010 against Florida.
• The 53.3 percent topped any mark Vanderbilt had on the road last season.
• Hannah Tuomi left the game with 18:42 to play in the first half after catching an elbow, which gave her a cut above her right eye … Tuomi returned to the game with 14:09 to play in the first half.