Nov. 14, 2013
Vanderbilt 73-Delaware State 67
Nov. 14, 2013
- Starters: The Commodores started seniors Christina Foggie and Jasmine Lister, sophomore Heather Bowe, and freshmen Rebekah Dahlman and Marqu'es Webb for the third consecutive game.
- This game marked the second ever meeting between Vanderbilt and Delaware State, and the first ever regular season meeting between the two teams.
- The teams' only previous meeting was in the 2007 NCAA Tournament, a 62-47 Vanderbilt win. The 'Dores are now 2-0 all time against Delaware State.
- Delaware State led the Commodores at halftime by a score of 34-23, marking the Hornets largest lead of the game.
- Vanderbilt did not make a field goal in the last 7:10 of the first half.
- In the first half, the Commodores turned the ball over 18 times and allowed the Hornets to score 18 points off turnovers.
- After shooting just 25 percent (8-of-32) from the field in the first half, Vanderbilt registered a 61 percent (19-of-31) field-goal percentage in the second half.
- Vanderbilt took the lead for good following two Christina Foggie free throws with 5:36 left in the second half, putting the Commodores ahead 59-57.
- The Commodores went on a 16-3 run from 6:24-1:41 of the second half. During that stretch, the Commodores turned a 57-55 deficit into a 71-60 lead.
- Vanderbilt scored 50 points in the second half, marking the second time this season the Commodores have scored at least 50 points in a half.
- The Commodores shot 15-of-19 from the free throw line in the game.
- Vanderbilt's bench outscored Delaware State's bench 22-12.
- There were 5 ties and 5 lead changes in the game.
- With 16 points and 10 rebounds, Christina Foggie recorded her first career double-double.
- Foggie set a career high in rebounds (10) and tied her career high in assists (8), leading the Commodores in points, rebounds, and assists for the game.
- Jasmine Lister scored 15 points to record her 69th career double-figure scoring game.
- Kylee Smith scored a career-high 9 points, all of which came in the second half.