Nov. 11, 2013
Vanderbilt 85 - Western Kentucky 60
November 11, 2013
- Monday's contest marks the 34th time the Commodores have matched up with the Lady Toppers.
- With the win, Vanderbilt holds a 22-12 advantage over Western Kentucky, including 13-3 record when playing at Memorial Gym.
- Vanderbilt started Christina Foggie, Jasmine Lister, Rebekah Dahlman, Heather Bowe and Marqu'es Webb for the second-consecutive game.
- The Commodores were up 37-31 at halftime.
- The Commodores closed out the first half on an 18-3 run, over which time they shot 6-of-6 from the floor and 5-of-6 from the free throw line.
- For the game, Vanderbilt shot 49 percent (29-of-59) from the floor and 41 percent (7-of-17) from outside the arc.
- Vandy shot 57 percent (16-of-28) in the second half.
- Vanderbilt outrebounded Western Kentucky 48-31.
- The Commodores outscored WKU 39-10 over a stretch of 13:53, between 5:25 left in the first and 12:32 remaining in the second half.
- Christina Foggie finished with a game-high 26 points, 21 of which came in the first half. It was the senior's 19th career game with 20 or more points. She was 7-of-11 from the floor and 5-of-9 from three-point land.
- Freshman Rebekah Dahlman finished the game scoring 18 points, along with three rebounds and two assists.
- Jasmine Lister picked up her 66th career double-figure scoring effort with 10 against WKU. She was 5-of-10 from the floor, along with four boards and four helpers.
- Jasmine Jenkins finished in double figures for the second-consecutive game. The sophomore finished with 10 points and was a perfect 4-of-4 from the line.
- Rayte'a Long finished with a career-high nine rebounds to lead the `Dores. Heather Bowe and Morgan Batey each finished with seven.
- Freshman Kylee Smith finished with four points and five rebounds in her second career collegiate game.