Jan. 30, 2011
Vanderbilt 71, Ole Miss 42 January 30, 2011 – Memorial Gym
• Vanderbilt started freshman Jasmine Lister, sophomore Tiffany Clarke junior Angela Puleo and seniors Hannah Tuomi and Jence Rhoads.
• This marked the ninth different starting lineup Vanderbilt has used this season, but the first different lineup since the Jan. 2 game at Ole Miss. Vanderbilt had used the same lineup the previous six games.
• Hannah Tuomi made her team-leading 104th career start and 115th appearance while Jence Rhoads made her team-leading 120th appearance and 100th start.
• Lister has started every game this season.
• Puleo earned her second of the year and first since the Samford game on Nov. 18.
• Clarke started for the sixth time this season, but first since Dec. 5 at Denver … It was the 21st start of Clarke’s career.
• Lister and Tuomi are the only two players to start all 21 games this season.
• Vanderbilt is 11-0 at home for the first time since the 2006-07 season
• Vanderbilt had its largest crowd of the season with 5,862 fans in attendance
• Vanderbilt is 25-15 all-time against Ole Miss
• The Commodores have won 14 straight games with Ole Miss at Memorial Gym
• Vanderbilt is 14-1 when it holds an opponent to less than 70 points.
• Vanderbilt is 11-0 when it scores at least 70 points.
• Melanie Balcomb is 7-4 all-time against Ole Miss.
• The 42 points scored were the fewest by a VU opponent since holding UT Martin to 29 points on Dec. 21, 2008.
• It was the fewest points by a VU opponent in SEC play holding Arkansas to 34 points on Jan. 28, 2007.
• The 29-point win was its largest in SEC play since topping Alabama by 29 on March 2, 2008.
• Ole Miss’ shooting percentage of 25.4 percent was the lowest by a VU opponent this season.
• With the game tied at seven, Vanderbilt closed the first half on a 28-8 run … At one point the run was 24-2.
• The 15 first half points by Ole Miss were a season low by a Vanderbilt opponent … The previous low was 16 by Mississippi State.
• The 49 rebounds tied a season high for VU.
• Jence Rhoads has now recorded an assist in 117 of her 120 career games. All three games she did not record an assist came during her freshman season.
• Rhoads moved to ninth all-time in minutes played after logging 28 minutes Sunday … She now has 3,702 minutes.
• Rhoads moved within three assists all-time in assists after having xxx assists Sunday.
• Angela Puleo set a career high with six three-pointers … She made five against Delaware on Dec. 29 … The six threes tied for the sixth most in school history.
• Puleo’s 20 points were the most she has had in her Vanderbilt career.
• Elan Brown posted the second double-double of her career (11 points and 11 rebounds) and first since the Quinnipiac game on Nov. 26 … Brown reached double figures for the third time this season and first since Dec. 9 against UT Martin
• The 11 rebounds were a career high.
• Brown also tied a career high with two blocks.
• Hannah Tuomi earned the fourth double-digit rebounding performance of her season with 10 rebounds … It was the 11 double-digit rebounding game of her career.