The 17th-ranked Vanderbilt men’s tennis team continues Southeastern Conference play this weekend, hosting No. 32 Ole Miss Friday at 4 p.m. in the team’s SEC home opener and Arkansas Sunday at noon.
Vanderbilt heads into the second weekend of league play with an 11-2 overall record and a 1-0 start in SEC action. Last Friday, the Commodores defeated Alabama 4-3 in Tuscaloosa. On Sunday, the Dores returned home for their final non-conference opponent and upset No. 22 Tulane, 4-1.
Fans can follow both matches LIVE HERE.
- VU currently rides a seven-match winning streak
- The last time VU went on a seven-match tear was at the beginning of the 2014-15 season
- Vandy has clinched the doubles point in its last seven-consecutive competitions
- Cameron Klinger and Danny Valent represent VU in the latest ITA singles poll, coming in at No. 57 and 79, respectively
- Klinger/Billy Rowe rank 57th in the ITA’s latest doubles poll, while Lachlan McPhee and Panu Virtanen sit at 75th
- After going undefeated on the weekend in singles and doubles, Billy Rowe was nominated as the SEC Player of the Week
- The Rebels own a 9-3 overall record and kicked off league play going 1-1
- Ole Miss split its matches last weekend falling to then-No. 7 Texas A&M and then bouncing back to down LSU 4-1
- Ole Miss boasts a trio of ranked singles players; No. 19 Tim Sandkaulen, No. 48 Gustav Hansson and No. 103 Filip Kraljevic
- The Rebels also have three ranked doubles pairings, coming in at Nos. 15, 28 and 47
- Ole Miss has won five straight competitions against Vanderbilt
Reading the Razorbacks:
- Arkansas will open the weekend on Friday in Lexington, Ky., to take on the Wildcats
- The Hogs have won seven of their last nine matches (8-5)
- Arkansas began SEC action with a 1-1 record, defeating LSU 6-1 and falling to No. 7 Texas A&M 7-0
- Jose Salazar ranks 84th in the ITA singles poll
- Salazar is 15-7 overall, including a 9-3 mark in singles this spring
- Last season, Vanderbilt fell in a close 4-3 match to Arkansas