Aug 28, 2013
Gameday Central | Tickets
Vanderbilt will open its 2013 season at 8:15 p.m. CT Thursday on ESPN when the Commodores host Ole Miss.
The game has been dubbed a "blackout" and fans are encouraged to wear black to the game. Tickets remain available for the game and can be purchased in person at McGugin Center, by calling 615-322-GOLD (4653)or online.
Vandyville opens at 5 p.m. and fans can watch the team arrive on campus by attending Dore Alley Walk through Vandyville at 5:30 p.m. Stadium gates will open at 6 p.m. and Star Walk will be at 7 p.m.
An annual tradition for every first game, the Anchor Dash Freshman Run will take place a little before 8 p.m. and the national anthem will be performed by Wynonna.
Calling the game for ESPN will be Joe Tessitore, Matt Millen and Maria Taylor. The game can also be heard locally on 1510 WLAC, 560 WNSR and 95.9 WNSR with Joe Fisher, John Gromos and Mitch Light on the call.
Vanderbilt has won three straight against Ole Miss, and the Commodores have won seven straight games overall.
- Jess Neely Drive will be closed from Natchez Trace to 25th Avenue beginning at noon on Thursday, Aug. 29.
- Natchez Trace will be closed from Children's Way to Kensington Place beginning at noon on Thursday, Aug. 29.
- Medical center staff members whose vehicles normally remain in the N Lot after 5 p.m. will be asked to park in alternate locations on Aug. 29. These parkers will receive specific information about their parking alternatives prior to game day.
- Those who park in the 25th Avenue Garage may park there as usual but should be aware that between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. the garage and surrounding streets will be congested with people coming to campus for the game.
- Parking lots 29B (Parmer Field House), 64 (Memorial Gym lot off 25th Ave.), 71 (NCC Disabled Parking), 72A (Band Building Lot - North), 72B (Band Building Lot - South), 73 (NCC Lot 1) and 73A (NCC Lot 4) will be closed on the day of the game, Aug. 29, to accommodate necessary game preparations. These lots will be marked with appropriate signage three days in advance so that alternative parking arrangements can be made.