July 30, 2013
Football Parking Information
With the game being played on a Thursday (Aug. 29), some adjustments in parking and traffic flow are being made to accommodate the influx of fans to campus, while hopefully limiting the impact to university and medical center personnel.
For this year's game, N Lot (shuttle) parking will not be affected until 5 p.m. due to the game's start time (8:15 p.m.). There will be no need to utilize shuttles for alternate parking. Vandyville will officially open at 5 p.m.
Among the changes:
- Jess Neely Drive will be closed from Natchez Trace to 25th Avenue beginning at noon on Thursday, Aug. 29.
- Natchez Trace will be closed from Children's Way to Kensington Place beginning at noon on Thursday, Aug. 29.
- Medical center staff members whose vehicles normally remain in the N Lot after 5 p.m. will be asked to park in alternate locations on Aug. 29. These parkers will receive specific information about their parking alternatives prior to game day.
- Those who park in the 25th Avenue Garage may park there as usual but should be aware that between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. the garage and surrounding streets will be congested with people coming to campus for the game.
- Parking lots 29B (Parmer Field House), 64 (Memorial Gym lot off 25th Ave.), 71 (NCC Disabled Parking), 72A (Band Building Lot - North), 72B (Band Building Lot - South), 73 (NCC Lot 1) and 73A (NCC Lot 4) will be closed on the day of the game, Aug. 29, to accommodate necessary game preparations. These lots will be marked with appropriate signage three days in advance so that alternative parking arrangements can be made.
"We appreciate the patience and understanding of those who may be inconvenienced by the parking changes on Aug. 29," said Brock Williams, assistant vice chancellor and director of sports operations. "We are working hard to make sure that the impact of this nationally televised football game on the daily business of the university and medical center is kept to a minimum."