Vanderbilt - Texas A&M postgame notes
Oct. 26, 2013
Vanderbilt – Texas A&M Postgame Notes
• Vanderbilt is in its 124th year of organized football.
• The Commodores wore all white on Saturday with white helmets, jerseys and pants – marking the first time since the South Carolina game the Dores wore that combination.
• Texas A&M won the toss and elected to receive the ball in the first half.
• Attendance was 86,584.
• Saturday's game at Texas A&M was the first-ever meeting between Vanderbilt and the Aggies on the gridiron.
• The Commodores had not played a team from or in the state of Texas since a 36-17 win over Rice in 2009.
• Vanderbilt is now 0-1 vs. Texas A&M all time.
• Redshirt freshman Patton Robinette made his first career start at QB.
• Jordan Matthews’ first catch of the game went for 13 yards and pulled him even with Georgia’s Terrence Edwards for the most receiving yards in SEC history.
• Matthews’ catch also extended his streak of having at least one catch to 29 straight games. He now has at least one catch in 44 of his 46 games as a Commodore.
• Jonathan Krause caught his third TD in the last five games on Robinette’s first career TD pass. Krause had no TD receptions coming into his senior season.
• Kenny Ladler picked off his second pass of the season in the second quarter, his sixth of his career makes him the active leader on the Dores’ roster.
• Jordan Matthews’ 17-yard catch in the second quarter earned him the most career receiving yards in league history with 3,107 yards in his career.
• Jerron Seymour’s four-yard TD run was his team-best ninth rushing score of the season and his 14th of his career.
• Karl Butler made a season-best six tackles in the first half.
• Kyle Woestmann matched his career-best with two sacks in the first half on back-to-back plays.
• Kenny Ladler forced three turnovers on the afternoon with one interception and two forced fumbles.
• Patton Robinette posted a career-best 216 yards passing in his first career start.
• Kenny Ladler posted his third game of the season with at least 10 tackles, making 10 stops in the game including eight solo tackles.
• Kenny Ladler forced his third fumble of the year in the third quarter giving him one forced fumble in each of his last three games.
• Darreon Herring made nine tackles, giving him 27 tackles over the Commodores last three games.
• Vanderbilt’s first scoring drive of the game netted three points on 10 plays marking the Dores’ 12 scoring drive this season of at least 10 plays.
• The Commodores gained 168 yards on 26 plays in the second quarter compared to 35 yards on 14 plays in the second quarter.
• With Patton Robinette’s rushing TD in the fourth quarter the Commodores have now scored at least 24 points in a school record 14 straight games.
• Vanderbilt’s 80-yard scoring drive in the fourth quarter gave the team its ninth scoring drive of the season of at least 80 yards.
• The Commodores improved to 30-for-34 in the red zone for the season, getting points on all three red zone possessions vs. Texas A&M.
• The Commodores forced three turnovers in the first half (one interception, two fumble recoveries) giving the Dores five forced turnovers in the team’s last six quarters.
• Vanderbilt held the Aggies to 108 yards of total offense and seven points in the second quarter.
• Vandy’s five forced turnovers (four fumble recoveries and one interception) were a season-high. The five forced turnovers are the most for VU since the Music City Bowl vs. NC State (three interceptions, two fumble recoveries).
• Carey Spear nailed his sixth field goal of the season with a 23-yarder in the second quarter. Spear is now 6-for-8 on the season.
• Kris Kentera recovered the Commodores’ first onside kick of the game to help set up the Dores’ second score of the day.