Nov. 20, 2011
After a hard fought win over N.C. State on Saturday night, the Commodores will take on Oregon State in the finals of the TicketCity Legends Classic at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, N.J. Tip off is set for 8 p.m. CT, and can be seen live on ESPN3, and heard live on the Vanderbilt Radio Network from IMG College.
Series Record: First meeting
Last Meeting: First meeting
Record at Vanderbilt: NA
Record at Ore. St.: NA
Record at Neutral Site: NA
Coach Stallings vs. Ore. St.: Coach Stallings has never faced Oregon State.
Radio: Vanderbilt Radio Network from IMG College, vucommodores.com
Radio Talent: Joe Fisher (pxp), Tim Thompson (analyst)
TV Talent: Davd Popkin (pxp), Derek Whittenberg (analyst), Andy Katz (sideline)
Live Stats: ESPN.com
Twitter Updates: @VandyMBB
Vanderbilt 86, N.C. State 79
- Vanderbilt now leads the all-time series with North Carolina State, 3-1.
- VU moved to 1-0 on neutral floors in 2011-12.
- The Commodores shot 51.9% from the floor against NC State, the first game this season VU has shot 50% or better.
- Vanderbilt allowed N.C. State to shoot 50% from the floor. Opponents are now shooting 49.1% from the floor against the Commodores this year.
- VU outrebounded N.C. State, 36-34, and is now 3-0 in games when they outrebound their opponent.
- With his three-pointer at the 19:25 mark in the first half, Brad Tinsley extended Vanderbilt’s streak to 800 straight games with a three-pointer.
- Four players tallied double figures for Vanderbilt – John Jenkins (28), Jeffery Taylor (17), Lance Goulbourne (15), and Brad Tinsley (14).
- After missing the Bucknell game with a sprained ankle, John Jenkins poured in 28 points in the win over North Carolina State. Jenkins was 10-16 from the floor and 4-9 from three. It was a season high point total for Jenkins, and the most for him since scoring 29 points against Mississippi State on March 11, 2011 at the SEC Tournament.
- Jeffery Taylor scored 17 points – VU moves to 19-3 since 2010-11 season when he scores 15 points or more. Taylor also added eight rebounds and a team-best and season-high five assists.
- Steve Tchiengang grabbed a career-high 11 rebounds.
- Goulbourne’s 15 points is a season-best so far in 2011-12.
- Brad Tinsley also added 14 points, his third double-digit scoring game of the season and 49th for his career.
More On The Oregon State Series
- Monday’s meeting with the Beavers will be the first ever between the two schools.
- In the opening game of the season, Vanderbilt knocked off Oregon, 78-64, November 11 at Memorial Gym.
- Senior guard Brad Tinsley, from Oregon City, Ore., is the state’s second-leading “big school” all-time leading scorer, and the state’s fifth-leading scorer for all classifications with 2,330 points.
Back To Normal Radio Monday Night
Monday night’s game will be back on the Vanderbilt Radio Network from IMG College, with Joe Fisher and Tim Thompson on the call. The game aired on 99.7 FM locally on Saturday night due to the Vanderbilt-Tennessee football game.
Preseason Tournament Finals
The Commodores have claimed two preseason touranment titles in the last five years - the 2007 South Padre Invitational and the 2008 Cancun Challenge. Vanderbilt finished fifth at the 2009 Maui Invitational and 3rd at the 2010 Puerto Rico Tip-Off.