Jan. 22, 2014
Ole Miss 63, Vanderbilt 52
January 22, 2014
- Wednesday nights game marked the 116th matchup between the Commodores and Rebels.
- Vandy is now 74-42 all-time against the Rebels.
- The loss was just the ninth for Vanderbilt when playing Ole Miss at Memorial Gym.
- Attendance was 8952.
- Starters were Rod Odom, James Siakam, Damian Jones, Dai-Jon Parker and Kyle Fuller.
- Vanderbilt shot 37.7 percent (20-of-53) from the floor, and just 15 percent (3-of-20) from three-point land.
- Fifteen-percent is the worst the Commodores have shot from outside the arc this season, it is only the second time the 'Dores have shot lower than 20 percent.
- The Commodores hit just 9-of-17 free throw attempts.
- Vandy was out-rebounded for the seventh time this season, they are 3-4 in those games.
- Forty rebounds is the fourth highest total the 'Dores have compiled this season.
- VU went into the half trailing 29-20, they've trailed at the half eight times this season.
- Six of Vandy's seven players recorded a block.
- Rod Odom scored a game high 18 points on 7-of-14 shooting, and 3-of-9 from beyond the three-point line. Odom has scored in double-figures 13 times this season.
- Damian Jones finished with 14 points in 33 minutes of play. Jones also pulled down 10 boards for his second career double-double.
- James Siakam had his second double-digit rebounding game of the season, finishing with 10. He also added on seven points and three blocks.
- Kyle Fuller pulled down a career high nine rebounds.