Dec. 30, 2013
Saint Louis 57, Vanderbilt 49
December 30, 2013
- Monday's game marked the ninth between the Commodores and Billikens.
- With the loss Vanderbilt is 5-4 against Saint Louis.
- The loss snapped a three-game win streak, an eight-game home win streak dating back to last season.
- Rod Odom, Eric McClellan, Dai-Jon Parker, Damian Jones and James Siakam started the game for VU. It was the fourth time this group has been called on to start the game. The Dores are 2-2 when using this starting five.
- Attendance was a season-high 9305.
- VU is now 20-8 against the current members of the Atlantic 10.
- Vanderbilt started the game shooting 2-of-12, and finished the half 10-of-20 (50 percent).
- Vandy led 27-21 at the half.
- The Commodores shot 33.9 percent (19-of-56) from the field and 17.6 percent (3-of-17) from outside the arc.
- Vandy's 33.9 FG percentage and its 17.6 3FG percentage are its lowest totals of the season.
- VU held SLU to 3-of-19 shooting from the perimeter, its best defensive effort on the perimeter this season. In their last three games the Dores have allowed just 10-of-57 (17.5 percent) from three-point range.
- The Dores only got to the free throw line 11 times, the fewest this season.
- Fourteen offensive rebounds was a season-high for the Commodores.
- Damian Jones led the team in scoring for the third time, finishing with 12 points. He now has five career games of double-digit scoring.
- Kyle Fuller finished with career-highs in assists (8) and rebounds (7) in 34 minutes off the bench.
- James Siakam had a career-high four steals. He also added seven points and eight rebounds.
- Rod Odom finished with six points, but was 0-of-8 from three-point range. The last time the senior went 0-for from long range with attempting at least two shots came in Vandy's 58-46 loss to Tennessee last season (0-of-4).
- After scoring double-figures in his first seven games as a Commodore, Eric McClellan has been held under 10 points in each of the last four games.