Dec. 21, 2013
Vanderbilt 76, Georgia Tech 63
December 21, 2013
- Saturday's game marked the 72nd contest between the Commodores and Yellow Jackets.
- The win gives Vandy a 39-33 advantage in the series, 26-8 when playing in Nashville.
- Vanderbilt has now won its last three games.
- The Commodores started Rod Odom, James Siakam, Damian Jones, Eric McClellan and Dai-Jon Parker. The `Dores are 2-1 when using that starting five.
- Attendance was a season-high 9,022.
- The `Dores improve to 5-0 at home this season.
- Vanderbilt improves to 81-72 against ACC teams, and has its first win against the conference since November 19, 2011 when it beat NC State, 86-79.
- Vanderbilt closed the first half on a 12-0 run, to cut what was a 14 point Georgia Tech lead, to just two at the half.
- Starting the second half, Vandy continued its run all the way to 35-8, and did not trail for the rest of the game.
- VU scored 47 second-half points, on 13-of-22 shooting (59.1 percent), and 5-of-9 (55.6 percent) from outside.
- The Commodores finished the game with less than 10 turnovers (9) for only the second time this season. They had nine in the season opener against Georgia State.
- Saturday marked the first game that the Commodores did not score first.
- Rod Odom finished with 18 points on 6-of-8 shooting, including 4-of-5 from outside. It was the seniors eighth game in double-figure scoring this season.
- Dai-Jon Parker finished with a season-high 13 points. The junior also filled up the stat line with four rebounds, four assists, one block and one steal.
- Kyle Fuller had 12 points, for his fifth double-figure scoring game of the year. Fuller also matched his career high with six rebounds and had five assists.
- Shelby Moats played a season high 18 minutes, contributing with three points, two boards and matching a career best two steals.