Dec. 17, 2013
Box Score |
Vanderbilt 58, Austin Peay 56
December 17, 2013
- Tuesdays contest marked the 15th in the series with Austin Peay, and the first matchup since 2007.
- The win gives Vandy a 14-1 lead in the series, 3-0 under head coach Kevin Stallings.
- The Commodores improve to 6-3 on the year, and have won two-straight and four of its last five.
- Vandy started Rod Odom, Eric McClellan, Dai-Jon Parker, Damian Jones and Shelby Moats. For Moats it was his first start of the season.
- Vandy went into the half trailing 22-20. The Dores shot 31 percent (8-of-26) and had 13 turnovers in the first 20 minutes.
- The Dores outscored Austin Peay 38-34 in the second half, on 44 percent (11-of-25) shooting.
- Vandy shot just 20 percent (4-of-20) from outside the arc, its lowest percentage of the season.
- Vanderbilt recorded nine blocks.
- Vandy has won two games in the past two seasons prior to tonight without reaching 60 points, both wins came against South Carolina.
- Rod Odom reached double-figures for the seventh time this season, finishing with 11 points. The senior also pulled down a career-high nine rebounds along with playing a career best 39 minutes.
- Damian Jones scored double-figures for the fifth time with a team-best 12 points. This season the Dores are 3-0 when the freshman has led the team in scoring.
- Kyle Fuller finished with 10 points, all of which coming in the second half.
- Eric McClellan was held below 10 points (9) for just the second time this season, however the transfer contributed with a season-high eight rebounds.
- Luke Kornet finished with six points, on 2-of-4 shooting, both shots coming from three-point land.
- James Siakam finished with a career-high three blocks.