Dec. 15, 2012
Vanderbilt 71, Alabama A&M 46
December 15, 2012
- The win makes Vanderbilt 6-0 all-time versus Alabama A&M. Head Coach Kevin Stallings is 5-0 all-time versus the Bulldogs. Stallings is now 265-163 at Vanderbilt and 388-226 overall.
- The Commodores are now 2-1 at Memorial Gym this season.
- Kedren Johnson led the Commodores with 19 points. He has scored in double-figures in all but one game this season.
- Johnson tied a career-high with six made free throws (6-of-8).
- Rod Odom scored a career-high 17 points, while also setting a new career-high with four (4-of-6) made three-pointers. He tied a season-high with two steals.
- Josh Henderson scored a career-high 13 points on a career-high six made field goals. Henderson also tied a career-high with five rebounds and two steals. The 24 minutes of playing time was also a career-high.
- Sheldon Jeter set a career-high with six rebounds.
- The three Vanderbilt players in double figures (Johnson, Odom and Henderson) marked the fourth time this season the Commodores have had three double-figure scorers.
- The Commodores outrebounded the Bulldogs, 38-29, while also outshooting Alabama A&M, 51 percent to 32 percent.
- Vanderbilt recorded 17 assists as a team, which tied a season-high.
- The Commodores shot 47.6 percent (10-of-21) from behind the three-point line, while Alabama A&M shot just 23 percent (4-of-17). The 47.6 percent was a season-high.
- The final score of 71-46 gave the Commodores their largest margin of victory (+25) of the season.