Dec. 5, 2013
Vanderbilt 69, Marshall 67
December 5, 2013
- Thursday's game marked the first ever meeting between Vanderbilt and Marshall.
- The win gives Vandy a 3-0 record at home, early in the season.
- Attendance was 8,240.
- Marshall had possession down two with 9.3 seconds left. Vandy defended the perimeter well forcing Kareem Canty into the lane, where James Siakam was able to pick up the steal as time was expiring for the win.
- Vanderbilt held a 35-26 advantage at the half.
- The `Dores closed out the first half on a 11-3 run.
- Marshall outscored Vandy 41-34 in the second half.
- Vandy turned the ball of 18 times, 12 in the second half. Marshall scored 29 points off turnovers.
- Vanderbilt shot 45.1 percent (23-of-51) from the floor, 29.4 percent (5-of-17) from three and 69.2 percent (18-of-26) from the free throw line.
- The Commodores won the rebound battle, 39-34.
- Damian Jones reached double-figures for the fourth time this season, as he finished with a team-high 15 points on 6-of-8 shooting.
- James Siakam also scored a team-high 15 points, and hit a career best nine free throws on 11 attempts.
- Rod Odom reached 11 points for his 25th career (sixth season) double-figure scoring game.
- After seven-straight double-digit scoring games, Eric McClellan was held to just nine points in 31 minutes. The redshirt sophomore also pulled down a team-high and season best seven rebounds.
- Josh Henderson left the game with 11:15 in the first half with a torn ACL and MCL.