Nov. 28, 2011
Xavier 82, Vanderbilt 70 OT
Novermber 27, 2011 * Attendance: 14,316
Memorial Gymnasium, Nashville, TN
Career starts: Tinsley (96), Tchiengang (23), Taylor (104), Jenkins (45), Goulbourne (28)
- Vanderbilt moves to 5-2 on the season.
- Season high blocks as a team (10).
- First overtime game this season. Team was 0-3 last season in overtime appearances.
- Last OT win was a 96-94 win over Georgia on 2/25/10 here at Memorial.
- Jenkins led the ‘Dores in scoring with 20 points. Goulbourne and Taylor each had 18 points.
- Dores are 3-2 this season when using this starting lineup.
- Vanderbilt held Xavier to a 37.8% shooting percentage, their best defensive performance of the season.
- The Musketeers outrebounded Vanderbilt, 54-33, and outscored the Commodores, 15-9, in second chance points.
- Xavier attempted 10 more field goals than Vanderbilt – 74-64.
- The Commodores shot 75% from the charity stripe, compared to 74.1% for Xavier. Xavier attempted 15 more free throws than the Commodores.
- Vanderbilt moved to 0-1 in gold uniforms.
- Vanderbilt has made more threes than their opponent in every game but one this season (Cleveland State).
- Vanderbilt won the tip in overtime.
- XU outscored Vanderbilt, 16-4, in the overtime period, and 20-4, in the last 8:30 of the game and regulation.
Second Half Notes:
- Vanderbilt’s largest lead (10) came with 17:07 to go in regulation.
- Only two lead changes in the second half vs 8 in the first half.
First Half Notes:
- Vanderbilt has won the opening tip in every game this season.
- VU scored first but Xavier went on an 8-3 run to open scoring, committing two
- Taylor led the scoring with 12 points in the first; Goulbourne was second with 11 points.
- Vanderbilt outshot XU in the first half 36.4% to 34.2%.
- The 34.2% shot by Xavier was Vanderbilt’s best defensive performance in a half all season.
- Goulbourne tied his career high of 18 points. He also added seven rebounds.
- Jenkins scored 20 points…his S=sixth double-digit game of the season, and his 39th consecutive game. It is also his third 20+ point game of the season and 34th of his career.
- Lowest points Tinsley has been held to all season (2), but he sets a new season high in assists (7).
- Jenkins set a new career high for rebounds (7).
- Tchiengang was the first Dore to foul out this year.
- Josh Henderson set a new career high in minutes with 18.
- Jeffery Taylor scored 18 points, the first time this season Vanderbilt has lost when he scores 15 or more points.