Nov. 12, 2013
Box Score |
Vanderbilt 86, Georgia State 80
November 12, 2013
- Tuesday's game marked the second time the Commodores and the Panthers met on the hardwood. With the win, Vanderbilt improves to 2-0 over Georgia State.
- Vanderbilt is now 80-32 in season-openers, including 55-7 at Memorial Gym and 14-1 under Coach Stallings. The `Dores have won seven-straight openers.
- The group of Rod Odom, Eric McClellan, Dai-Jon Parker, James Siakam and Josh Henderson got the nod for the season-opening start.
- Vandy's season-opening attendance was 8,241.
- With the win, head coach Kevin Stallings is now tied with legendary coach Roy Skinner as the all-time winningest coach in Vanderbilt history with 288.
- Vanderbilt shot 55.6 percent from the floor on 30-of-54 shooting.
- From outside the arc, the `Dores shot 47.6 percent (10-of-21).
- The Commodores were 5-of-5 from the floor in the last 4:29 to pull away from Georgia State.
- Georgia State out-rebounded the Commodores 34-30, and had two fewer turnovers (7 vs. 9).
- In his first career game with the Commodores, junior-transfer Eric McClellan scored 18 points, along with five boards and three assists.
- Damian Jones scored 19 points in his collegiate debut, on 7-of-8 from the floor and 5-of-8 from the charity stripe. The freshman also lead the `Dores with seven boards and two blocks in 24 minutes off the bench.
- Rod Odom picked up his 21st career double-figure scoring effort with a team-high 19 points. All five of Odom's buckets were of the three-point variety. The senior was also 4-of-4 from the line, with five rebounds and three assists.
- Kyle Fuller dished out a career-high seven assists.