March 6, 2014
Box Score |
Howell's Photos |
LSU 57, Vanderbilt 51
March 6, 2014
- Thursday’s game marked the 111th meeting between the two teams and the second time this season.
- LSU picked up the season sweep to take the head-to-head record to 51-60.
- Vanderbilt finished the 2013-14 regular season with a 10-6 record at Memorial Gym.
- Starters: Odom, Fuller, Cross, Jones and Siakam
- Attendance: 9968
- Vandy outshot LSU 40 percent to 27 percent in the first half
- Dores turned the ball over just four times in the opening 20 minutes
- Vanderbilt led by as much as 16 in the game, came at 3:04 in the first half
- Kevin Stallings picked up the first technical against the Dores this season
- LSU closed the game on a 12-3 run in the final four minutes. Vanderbilt was 0-of-9 from the field over that time.
- Vandy scored just 19 points in the second half, on 20 percent shooting.
- Rod Odom finished with a team high 15 points on 4-of-18 shooting.
- Kyle Fuller finished with seven points, six rebounds and three assists. He shot just 2-of-15 in 31 minutes.
- Rob Cross picked up his first career start. He finished the game with an offensive rebound on record in a minute of play.
- Damian Jones finished with nine points and six rebounds to go along with four blocks.
- Dai-Jon Parker finished with just four points in 37 minutes.