Vanderbilt-Florida postgame notes
Feb. 28, 2012
Vanderbilt 77, Florida 67
Vanderbilt 77, Florida 67
February 28, 2012 * Attendance: 14,316
Memorial Gymnasium, Nashville, TN
- Senior Guard Brad Tinsley (119), Senior Center Festus Ezeli (62), Senior Forward Lance Goulbourne (50), Junior Guard John Jenkins (68), Senior Forward Jeffery Taylor (127)
- Vanderbilt has a record of 11-5 in games with this starting lineup.
- Coach Stallings (380-220, 257-157 at VU) is 8-20 vs. Florida.
- Vanderbilt leads the all-time series, 64-60. Both teams won on their home floor in 2011-12.
- Vanderbilt outshot Florida from the floor, going 23-44 (52.3%) from the field to Florida's 26-58 (44.8%). The Dores shot 73.1% from the free throw line and 50% from beyond the arc.
- Three players for the Commodores scored in double digits against Florida: John Jenkins (22), Jeffery Taylor (18), and Festus Ezeli (11).
- Vanderbilt assured itself of a first-round bye in next week's SEC Tournament. The Commodores can finish as high as second and no lower than fourth.
- Vanderbilt made 12 threes, compared to eight for Florida. VU moves to 17-5 when making more threes than its opponent.
- The Commodores won for the only the fourth time this year when being outrebounded (4-7).
- The Commodores shot over 50% from the floor for the 11th time this year, and is now 10-1 in those games
- Vanderbilt's bench outscored Florida's bench, 14-12.
- The Commodores were 11-19 from the field in the second half (57.9%).
- After going 0-3 at the free throw line in the first half, VU was 19-23 in the second half (82.6%).
- The game was tied twice and had six lead changes. Vanderbilt's largest lead came at 12 with 10:54 to play in the first half.
- With his 18 points, Jeffery Taylor has now scored in the double-digits in 28 games this season, and 100 in his career.
- John Jenkins has hit a 3FG in 50 consecutive games and has scored in double-digits in 63 consecutive games, 82 in his career. His 22 points against Florida were his 17th 20+ point game this season and 38th in his career.
- With his six 3FGs against Florida, Jenkins has scored at least 3 3FGs in 25 games this season.
- It was the third time this season Jenkins has made six or more threes in a game.
- Festus Ezeli scored 11 points, his 12th double-digit scoring game this season.
- Freshman point guard Kedren Johnson scored seven points, and played a career-high 27 minutes.
- Taylor remains in third on Vanderbilt's all-time scoring list with 1,838 career points. Jenkins remains in 11th all-time, and has 1,547 career points. Brad Tinsley moved into 31st place, and now has 1,192 career points.