Vanderbilt - Texas A&M Postgame Notes
Feb. 15, 2014
Vanderbilt 57, Texas A&M 54
- Saturday marked just the fourth matchup between the Aggies and Commodores.
- The win kept Vandy undefeated all-time against A&M.
- Starters: Jones, Odom, Siakam, Parker and Fuller.
- Attendance: 9,059
- This was just the second time this season the Commodores played an overtime game. It was the teams first overtime win this year.
- Vanderbilt scored only 19 points in the first half, a season low.
- The Commodores finished the game shooting 30.9 percent (17-of-55), a season low.
- Vandy was just 3-of-26 from three-point land. VU set season low marks in three-point field goal percentage (.115), and tied a season low mark of three three-pointers.
- The `Dores hit 20-of-31 free throws.
- Vandy's 41 rebounds were two shy of matching the season high.
- The Commodores had two players finish with double-doubles for the second time this season (Jones, Siakam).
- James Siakam led the Commodores with 16 points, 12 of which coming from the charity stripe. Siakam picked up his third career double-double, adding on 10 rebounds. His last double-double came when the `Dores played at A&M earlier this season.
- Damian Jones finished with his fourth double-double of the season. He led the team with 13 rebounds and added on 10 points.
- Kyle Fuller finished with 12 points. He also added four rebounds and four assists.
- Rod Odom, who extended the game with his two at the buzzer, fouled out for the first time this season. He finished with eight points and five rebounds.
Men's Basketball Headlines