Feb. 15, 2014
Vanderbilt 57, Texas A&M 54
February 15, 2014
- Saturday marked just the fourth matchup between the Aggies and Commodores.
- The win kept Vandy undefeated all-time against A&M.
- Starters: Jones, Odom, Siakam, Parker and Fuller.
- Attendance: 9,059
- This was just the second time this season the Commodores played an overtime game. It was the teams first overtime win this year.
- Vanderbilt scored only 19 points in the first half, a season low.
- The Commodores finished the game shooting 30.9 percent (17-of-55), a season low.
- Vandy was just 3-of-26 from three-point land. VU set season low marks in three-point field goal percentage (.115), and tied a season low mark of three three-pointers.
- The `Dores hit 20-of-31 free throws.
- Vandy's 41 rebounds were two shy of matching the season high.
- The Commodores had two players finish with double-doubles for the second time this season (Jones, Siakam).
- James Siakam led the Commodores with 16 points, 12 of which coming from the charity stripe. Siakam picked up his third career double-double, adding on 10 rebounds. His last double-double came when the `Dores played at A&M earlier this season.
- Damian Jones finished with his fourth double-double of the season. He led the team with 13 rebounds and added on 10 points.
- Kyle Fuller finished with 12 points. He also added four rebounds and four assists.
- Rod Odom, who extended the game with his two at the buzzer, fouled out for the first time this season. He finished with eight points and five rebounds.