Vanderbilt-LSU postgame notes
Vanderbilt 76, LSU 61
Feb. 8, 2012
Vanderbilt 76, LSU 61
February 8, 2012 * Attendance: 13.610
Memorial Gymnasium, Nashville, TN
- Senior Guard Brad Tinsley (1), Junior Guard John Jenkins (23), Senior Forwards Jeffery Taylor (44), Lance Goulbourne (5), Senior Center Festus Ezeli (3)
- Commodores are 7-3 this season when starting with this lineup.
- Career starts: Tinsley 113, Taylor 121, Jenkins 62, Goulbourne 44, Ezeli 56
- Commodores move to 11-4 at home this season.
- Stallings record 376-218 (18), 253-255 (13, VU). Stallings is now 11-6 against LSU in his career.
- Series Notes: Vanderbilt leads series 60-48.
- The Commodores improved to 3-6 when they have been outrebounded by their opponent--37-36.
- Vanderbilt held the Tigers to 14.3% from beyond the arc. This is the third time this season the Commodores have held an opponent to less than 15% shooting.
- The last time an opponent shot 90% or better from the line was at Florida (16-17, 94.1%) on 2/4/12. LSU shot 100% from the charity stripe (10-10).
- Vanderbilt scored 38 of its points in the paint. LSU scored only 22.
- LSU made the best of their second chances, converting them to 17 points, to Vanderbilt's 15 second chance points.
- Festus Ezeli led the Dores in scoring with 21 points, which tied a season high.
- Vanderbilt outshot LSU 50% to 36.9%.
- Vanderbilt won opening tip--they are 15-5 when winning the tip this season, and have won 20 of 24 tips this season.
- The Commodores were tied 27-27 at the half after Taylor hit a late field goal. They are 2-1 when tied at the half this year.
- Vanderbilt's bench contributed only 4 points compared to 19 from LSU's bench.
- Taylor moves up the all-time scoring list to No. 3, moving ahead of Phil Cox (1982-85).
- John Jenkins extended his streak to 45 consecutive games with at least one 3FG, and for double-digit scoring to 57 consecutive games. Jenkins surpassed Bobby Thym (1954-57) as the No. 16 on the all-time scoring list.
- Taylor extended his streak of hitting at least one 3FG to 18 consecutive games.
- Kedren Johnson tied his career high for assists (3).
- With his three 3FGs, Jenkins has scored at least 3 3FGs in 19 games this season.
- Ezeli tied his season high for points--21, which he set against MTSU 1/28/12.
- James Siakam scored his first collegiate field goal.
- Jeffery Taylor's moved past Phil Cox (1982-85) on Vanderbilt's all-time scoring list. Taylor is now third on the list with 1,742 career points.
- Taylor surpassed Clyde Lee (1964-66) for fifth on the all-time free throws made list. Taylor now has 431. Taylor is now one free throw attempt shy from tying Lee for third on the free-throw attempt list with 610 career attempts.
- Brad Tinsley is now third on Vanderbilt's all-time assist list with 439 career assists. He surpassed Kevin Anglin (1990-93), who finished his career with 435 assists.