#11/12 Florida 73, #25/RV Vanderbilt 65
Feb. 4, 2012
#11/12 Florida 73, #25/RV Vanderbilt 65
February 4, 2012
O’Connell Center – Gainesville, Fla.
- Senior guard Brad Tinsley, junior guard John Jenkins, senior forward Jeffery Taylor, senior forward Lance Goulbourne, and senior center Festus Ezeli.
- Vanderbilt is now 6-3 with this lineup.
- Career Starts: Tinsley 112, Jenkins 61, Taylor 120, Goulbourne 43, and Ezeli 55.
- Despite the loss, Vanderbilt still holds a 63-60 advantage in the career series. Florida leads the series, 41-20, in Gainesville.
- Stallings has a 375-218 record as a head coach, and is 252-155 with the Commodores. He is 7-20 all-time against Florida.
- Florida has won four consecutive games in the series, dating back to the 2010-11 season (3 wins last year in 2010-11, 1 in 2011-12).
- Vanderbilt moves to 4-3 in true road games on the season.
- Vanderbilt has lost two consecutive games for the first time since losing back-to-back games against Xavier on November 28 (L, 70-82, OT) and at Louisville on December 2 (L, 60-62, OT).
- The Commodores were outrebounded by Florida, 39-34, including 14-10 on the offensive glass. Vanderbilt is now 2-6 when outrebounded by their opponent.
- Taylor’s three-pointer with 15:44 to play in the first half increased the Commodores’ consecutive game streak with a three-pointer to 819.
- Vanderbilt’s bench was outscored, 18-2, by the Gators. For the season, VU’s opponents are outscoring the Commodore reserves by a total of 417-289.
- Florida made 11 threes against Vanderbilt, compared to only eight for the Commodores. VU falls to 3-4 on the season when opponents make more threes.
- The 11 threes made by the Gators was a season-high by an opponent this year.
- Vanderbilt committed 17 turnovers against the Gators, and UF converted those turnovers into 19 points. VU had 14 points off of Gator turnovers.
- VU outscored Florida, 26-16, in points in the paint.
- Vanderbilt trailed at the half, 37-34, only the second time this season VU has trailed at the midway point. The game against Cleveland State was the only other time this year (24-37).
- VU is 0-2 in games in which they trail at the half, 0-3 in games in which they trail with five minutes to play, and 0-5 in games in which they trail with two minutes to go in regulation.
- Vanderbilt moves to 6-6 in nationally televised broadcasts this season and 8-7 overall in televised games.
- Taylor led the Commodores with 25 points on 7-12 shooting. Taylor was also 4-7 from three on the day.
- Taylor has scored 20 or more points for the sixth time this season and 17th time in his career. The four threes made against Florida is a new season-high and ties a career-high he set last year against South Carolina (2/5).
- Taylor also had four steals.
- Jenkins scored 15 points and connected on three threes against the Gators. He has scored in double figures for 56 straight games, and 75 times in his career.
- With three three-pointers in the game, Jenkins has now made a three in 43 straight games.
- Jenkins has now made three or more threes in a game 18 times this season and 49 times in his career.
- Festus Ezeli scored 11 points for Vanderbilt, his sixth game in double figures this year and 33rd of his career.
- Lance Goulbourne pulled down 11 rebounds, his fifth double-digit rebound game of the year and 14th of his career.
- Brad Tinsley, the SEC leader in league games only in assists, dished out six assists.
- Jeffery Taylor’s 25 points moved him past Mike Rhodes (1978-81) and Ronnie McMahon (1992-95) on Vanderbilt’s all-time scoring list with 1,723 points. Taylor is now fourth on the list, and trails Phil Cox (1982-85) by one point for third on the list.
- Taylor surpassed Clyde Lee (1964-66) for fifth on the all-time free throws made list. Taylor now has 431. Taylor is now one free throw attempt shy from tying Lee for third on the free-throw attempt list with 610 career attempts.
- Brad Tinsley is now third on Vanderbilt’s all-time assist list with 439 career assists. He surpassed Kevin Anglin (1990-93), who finished his career with 435 assists.