Feb. 1, 2014
Feb. 1, 2014
Vanderbilt 55, Mississippi State 49
February 1, 2014
- Saturday’s game marked the 121st meeting between the Commodores and the Bulldogs.
- With the win Vandy improves to 76-45 over Mississippi State.
- VU is 44-9 when playing MSU at Memorial Gym.
- The Commodores now have two win-streaks of three games this season.
- Attendance was 9170.
- Starters: Odom, Parker, Siakam, Fuller and Jones.
- Vandy shot 44.7 percent (21-of-47) from the floor for the game.
- VU shot 55 percent (11-of-20) in the second half.
- The ‘Dores were 6-of-25 from outside the arc.
- The Commodores turned the ball over 14 times for the game, including only six in the second half.
- VU took advantage of 18 MSU turnovers, turning them into 24 points.
- There were four lead changes and four ties in the game.
- Rod Odom scored a game high 18 points on 6-of-13 shooting, and 4-of-10 from outside the arc. He also pulled down six rebounds, and did not commit a turnover in 39 minutes played.
- Kyle Fuller finished with 14 points, six rebounds and five assists in 40 minutes.
- Damian Jones was 6-of-6 from the floor, and 1-of-2 from the free throw line for 13 points. Jones also talked a block and a steal.
- Dai-Jon Parker played the full 40 minutes for the fourth-straight game, and the sixth time in the last seven games.