Jan. 23, 2013
Box Score |
Russell's Photos |
Vanderbilt 73, Auburn 61
January 23, 2013
Starters: Rod Odom, Kedren Johnson, Sheldon Jeter, Dai-Jon Parker and Shelby Moats.
- The win makes Vanderbilt 83-51 all-time versus Auburn. Head Coach Kevin Stallings is 12-5 all-time versus the Tigers. Stallings is now 269-168 at Vanderbilt and 392-231 overall.
- The Commodores have won seven-straight games versus Auburn.
- Vanderbilt made a three-pointer for the 849th game in a row, which ranks second in the nation behind UNLV. VU has made a three in every game since the line's inception in the 1986-87 season.
- Vanderbilt outrebounded Auburn 37-29. The Commodores are 6-1 this season when outrebounding their opponent.
- The Commodores shot 80 percent (24-of-30) from the free throw line, which marks a season-high.
- The 24 made free throws set a new season-high, surpassing the previous mark of 20 at South Carolina (Jan. 19).
- Four Commodores (Bright, Fuller, Jeter & Johnson) scored in double-figures, marking the ninth time this season three or more have scored double-digits and third time four or more have accomplished the feat.
- Kevin Bright tied a career-high with four made three-point field goals (4-of-7).
- Dai-Jon Parker tied a career-high with four assists.
- Kedren Johnson scored 15 points. He has reached double-figures in 13-of-17 games this season. He also added seven rebounds and four assists in 33 minutes.
- Sheldon Jeter scored in double figures for the third time this season with a 10-point effort against the Tigers.
- The Commodores had 30 bench points against Auburn, a new season high. Combined with the South Carolina game, the Vanderbilt has scored 55 bench points in its last two games.
- Vanderbilt had 14 assists on 20 made baskets.