Jan. 19, 2012
Recap | Box Score | Quotes
Vanderbilt 69, Alabama 59
January 19, 2012 * Coleman Coliseum - Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Vanderbilt: Senior Guard Brad Tinsley (#1), Junior Guard John Jenkins (#23), Senior Forwards Jeffery Taylor (#44), Lance Goulbourne (#5), Festus Ezeli (#3).
Career Starts: Tinsley 107, Jenkins 56, Taylor 115, Goulbourne 38, Ezeli 50
- Vanderbilt evened the overall series to 65, and is now 4-0 in Southeastern Conference play for the first time since 2010-11 (5-0 start).
- VU has started 4-0 in league play for the second time of the Stallings' era.
- Kevin Stallings is now 250-152 (13) at Vanderbilt, 373-215 (18) in his career. His record against Alabama is now 10-6.
- Vanderbilt has now won eight consecutive games, VU's longest winning streak since the 2009-10 season, when the Commodores won 10 in a row.
- Vanderbilt shot 40% from the floor against the Tide, and limited Alabama to only 32.9% from the field.
- In league play, VU is only allowing 54.9 points per game and limiting opponents to only 34.9% from the field.
- The Commodores outrebounded Alabama, 48-35, and Vanderbilt moves to 14-1 on the season when outrebounding their opponent.
- VU was 21-29 from the free throw line (72.4%) on the night. In the last two games, Vanderbilt is a combined 51-73 (69.9%).
- Vanderbilt was 8-for-18 from beyond-the-arc for the game (44.4%). The Commodores limited Alabama to only 6-24 (25.0%) from three.
- The Commodores' largest lead was 23 with 8:12 to go in the second half. The Commodores took the lead, 20-19, on a Lance Goulbourne free throw with 3:27 to go in the first half and never relinquished it.
- VU went to the half with a 26-19 lead, and went on a 15-5 run to start the second half.
- Vanderbilt held Alabama's two leading scorers, JaMychal Green and Tony Mitchell, to a combined six points.
- John Jenkins led Vanderbilt with 20 points, while Jeffery Taylor added 17 points, Festus Ezeli added 12 points, and Lance Goulbourne chipped in 11 points.
- Ezeli also added 10 rebounds, his first double-double of the season and the sixth of his career.
- John Jenkins was 4-7 from beyond-the-arc against Alabama. It's his eighth consecutive game making 3 or more 3FG, his 13th game this season, and 44th in his career.
- Jenkins has scored in double-digit figures in 50 consecutive games, 69 in his career.
- Jenkins was a perfect 6-for-6 from the free throw line, and is 15-15 from the charity stripe in his last two games.
- Jenkins also grabbed a career-high eight rebounds.
- Taylor scored in double figures for the 17th time this season, and 89th time in his career.
- Goulbourne reached double digits for the ninth time this season and the second consecutive game. Goulbourne was also 6-6 from the free throw line.
- Vanderbilt is now 26-5 in games in which he scores 15 or more points since the beginning of the 2010-11 season.
- Brad Tinsley dished out five assists, the seventh time he has done that this season and 35th of his career.