Jan. 15, 2013
Box Score |
AP Photos |
Ole Miss 89, Vanderbilt 79 (OT)
January 15, 2013
Starters: Rod Odom, Kedren Johnson, Sheldon Jeter, Dai-Jon Parker and Shelby Moats.
- The loss makes Vanderbilt 74-40 all-time versus Ole Miss. Head Coach Kevin Stallings is 11-5 all-time versus the Rebels. Stallings is now 267-168 at Vanderbilt and 390-231 overall.
- The loss snaps a five-game winning streak versus the Rebels.
- Vanderbilt made a three-pointer for the 847th game in a row, which ranks second in the nation behind UNLV. VU has made a three in every game since the line's inception in the 1986-87 season.
- The Commodores are now 1-1 in overtime games this season.
- Vanderbilt made 12 three-pointers (12-of-20) in the first half, which was a season-high for a single half.
- Vanderbilt set a new Memorial Gym record with 17 made three-point field goals (17-of-40). It is the most three-pointers in a game since Vandy made 15 versus Lafayette in 2011. The previous record was 16, and it happened twice (16, Vanderbilt vs. South Carolina, 1/9/94; Vanderbilt vs. Arkansas, 2/11/95).
- The 40 three-point attempts set a new school and Memorial Gym record for most attempts in a single game. The previous mark was 38 set versus Mississippi State in 2008.
- Both teams combined to shoot 58 three-pointers, which was two off the Memorial Gym record.
- The Commodores came up one three-pointer short of tying the school record for most three-pointers made in a single game (18 at Tennessee, 1/18/05).
- Four different Commodores finished in double-figures (Bright, Jeter, Johnson and Parker). It is the second time this season at least four players reached double-digits in a single game.
- Vanderbilt dished out 20 assists as a team, which is a season-high.
- Sheldon Jeter and Dai-Jon Parker made their first career starts versus Ole Miss.
- Jeter scored 13 points, which marks the second-time he has reached double-figures on the season. Jeter tied a career-high with two assists.
- Kedren Johnson recorded a career-high eight assists. Johnson led the Commodores with 19 points. He has scored in double-figures in 12-of-16 games this season.
- Johnson set a new career-high with five made three-point field goals on a career-high 11 attempts.
- Dai-Jon Parker scored a career-high 16 points and dished out a career-high four assists.
- Shelby Moats set a new career-high with four assists.
- Kevin Bright made a career-high four three-pointers (4-of-7). Bright scored 12 points on the night, giving him four double-digit scoring efforts on the season.