· Vanderbilt started junior Brad Tinsley and sophomore John Jenkins at guard, juniors Jeffery Taylor and Lance Goulbourne at forward and junior Festus Ezeli at center.
· The Commodores fall to 2-3 when stating this lineup.
· Taylor has now started all 79 games of his career.
· Tinsley made his 71st start, Ezeli his 27th, Jenkins his 21st and Goulbourne his fifth.
· Vanderbilt is now 69-109 against the University of Tennessee.
· The Commodores fall to 17-67 when playing in Knoxville.
· Head coach Kevin Stallings drops to 10-13 against Tennessee and 4-8 when playing in Thompson-Boling arena.
· John Jenkins made a three-point basket midway through the first half to extend Vanderbilt's consecutive game streak with a three-pointer to 778 games.
· The Commodores outshot the Volunteers 37.9% (11-29) to 20.0% (7-35) in the first half and are now 7-2 on the season when doing so.
· Vanderbilt held Tennessee to 20.0% (7-35) shooting in the first half, the lowest percentage an opponent has had against the Commodores this season.
· Tennessee's seven first-half field goals are the fewest an opponent has made against Vanderbilt this season and is one lower than Western Kentucky had on December 1.
· For the third time this season, an opponent failed to make a three-pointer in the first half against the Commodores. Tennessee joins Nebraska and North Carolina this season.
· The 17-point lead Vanderbilt had in the first half is the largest first half lead against an SEC opponent this season, topping the 14 point lead it had against South Carolina on January 8.
· Vanderbilt's 42 rebounds are the most it has recorded against an SEC opponent since grabbing 43 against Georgia on March 12, 2010.
· The Commodores 21 turnovers were the most they have had since turning it over 23 times against Western Kentucky on December 1.
· Tennessee's 47 second-half points are the most Vanderbilt has allowed in the second half this season.
· This marked the first time Vanderbilt has lost when outrebounding an opponent this year, winning the previous eight.
· The three-point margin of defeat is the least since dropping a 67-65 decision in Nashville on February 2, 2002.
· Tennessee won the opening tipoff.
· John Jenkins received a pass from Brad Tinsley and put in a layup for the first points of the game at the 18:24 mark.
· Rod Odom scored on a fastbreak layup with 10:21 left in the half to record Vanderbilt's first bench points of the game.
· John Jenkins hit a three-pointer at the 9:50 mark to give Vanderbilt a 13-8 lead and extend the school's three-point streak.
· After UT made a layup with 11:51 remaining, Vanderbilt went on a 12-0 run that spanned six minutes.
· With 2:58 remaining in the half, Brad Tinsley blocked a shot and advanced the ball to John Jenkins who made a fastbreak layup to give the Commodores a 27-11 lead.
· Vanderbilt heads into the half leading 30-20.
· John Jenkins led Vanderbilt with 14 points while Lance Goulbourne had a team-high five rebounds.
· Lead changes: 2
· Ties: 4
· Largest lead: Vanderbilt 17, Tennessee 2
· Jeffery Taylor hit a mid-range jumper at the 19:12 mark to record Vanderbilt's first points of the second half.
· Brad Tinsley drove the lane for a layup on a fastbreak to give the Commodores a 40-30 lead with 14:31 remaining.
· Tinsley hit a three-pointer over a Tennessee defender to give Vanderbilt a 46-38 lead with 12:03 remaining.
· John Jenkins recorded his first points of the half when he made a jumper to give the Commodores a 53-48 lead at the 7:38 mark.
· Trailing 61-59 with 2:43 remaining, John Jenkins hit a three-point bucket to give Vanderbilt a one-point lead.
· Lead Changes: 3
· Ties: 1
· Largest lead: Vanderbilt 12, Tennessee 3
· John Jenkins reached double-digits in points in the first half when he scored 14.
· Jenkins has scored in double-digits in all 15 games he has played in this season.
· Jenkins recorded his eighth 20-point game of the season (21 points) and tenth of his career.
· For the eighth time this season, Jenkins was perfect from the free-throw line, going 7-for-7.
· Festus Ezeli's six blocked shots matched a career-high set against Missouri on December 8.
· Brad Tinsley matched a career-high six rebounds against an SEC opponent.
· Tinsley had a season-high three three-point field goals, topping his previous best of two.
· Lance Goulbourne was held scoreless for the first time this season.
· Steve Tchiengang was held scoreless for the second-consecutive game.