Jan. 11, 2014
Box Score |
USATSI Photos |
- Saturday's game marked the 185th meeting between the Commodores and the Wildcats.
- With the loss Vandy falls to 46-139 against Kentucky.
- Attendance was a sellout at 14,316. It's the first sellout at Memorial Gym this season.
- Vanderbilt started Rod Odom, James Siakam, Damian Jones, Kyle Fuller and Dai-Jon Parker for the second time this season.
- `Dores fall to 88-218 against ranked opponents all-time and 60-73 against ranked foes at Memorial Gym.
- The Commodores shot 50 percent from the floor (25-of-50). It was the fifth time this season the `Dores shot at least 50 percent from the floor.
- Vanderbilt hit six three-pointers. It was the sixth time this season the `Dores hit more than five threes in a game.
- The Commodores trailed 30-22 at the half.
- Vandy had two players finish with double-doubles (Jones 18 pt, 11 reb. and Fuller 17 pt, 10 ast.) for the first time since March 8, 2009 against Arkansas (Ogilvy 12 pts, 10 reb. and Taylor 16 pt, 10 reb.)
- Kyle Fuller and Dai-Jon Parker each played the full 40 minutes. They were the first two `Dores to play the full duration of the game since Jermaine Beal in 2009.
- Vandy has out-shot its opponent for the 11th time this year. They are 8-3 in those game.
- The Commodores were out rebounded for just the fourth time this season. VU lost the rebound battle 41-28, including 18-5 of the offensive glass.
- Damian Jones finished with a game-high 18 points on 8-of-15 shooting. Jones also tacked on a career-high 11 rebounds for his first career double-double.
- Kyle Fuller was 6-of-8 from the floor for 17 points. The senior also added a career-high 10 assists and four rebounds. Fuller is the first VU player since Brad Tinsley in 2010 to have a double-double in points and assists.
- Dai-Jon Parker scored a season-high 17 points on a career best 7-of-10 shooting.
- Rod Odom, who was in foul trouble much of the game, finished with season low five points and was just 1-of-6 from outside.