Jan. 11, 2013
Kentucky 60, Vanderbilt 58
January 10, 2013
- The loss makes Vanderbilt 45-137 all-time versus Kentucky. Head Coach Kevin Stallings is 10-19 all-time versus the Wildcats. Stallings is now 267-166 at Vanderbilt and 390-229 overall.
- Vanderbilt made a three-pointer for the 845th game in a row, which ranks second in the nation behind UNLV. VU has made a three in every game since the line's inception in the 1986-87 season.
- The Commodores shot only 32.9% from the floor for the game, its second-worst shooting performance of the season. However, Vanderbilt outrebounded the Wildcats, 42-37 and 20-9 on the offensive glass. The 20 offensive rebounds was a season-high. The previous best was 16 against Marist (11/23).
- It was the most offensive rebounds by a Vanderbilt team since February 16, 2011, when the Commodores had 23 at Georgia in a 64-56 win.
- It was the first loss of the season this year for Vanderbilt when outrebounding their opponent (4-1).
- The Commodores, who trailed by 16 with 16:27 to go in regulation, scored 18 unanswered points in the second half and took the lead, 49-47, with 6:11 to play. The game featured three ties and two lead changes.
- Vanderbilt’s bench outscored the Wildcats’ bench, 21-5.
- Shelby Moats set a new career-high in points (9) and rebounds (10) on a career-high four made field goals.
- Dai-Jon Parker scored a season-high eight points on 3-of-7 shooting. He had a season-high four rebounds.
- Kedren Johnson tied a career-high with six assists and four steals. Johnson led the way with 18 points. He has scored in double-figures in 11 of the team’s 13 games.
- Sheldon Jeter scored four points and had five rebounds in a career-best 23 minutes.