Jan. 4, 2014
Box Score |
Vanderbilt 79, Northeastern 49
January 4, 2014
- Saturday's contest marks the first between the Commodores and Huskies.
- Rod Odom, Eric McClellan, Dai-Jon Parker, Damian Jones and James Siakam got the start. Vandy is 3-2 when using that combination.
- Vanderbilt will head into conference play coming off a win for the 12th time in the past 13 seasons.
- VU improves to 11-0 against current Colonial Athletic Conference members.
- Attendance was 8,438.
- Vandy's 30-point win marks the largest since they beat Mississippi State by 41 last season.
- VU finished with 21 assists, a season high.
- The `Dores finished with 10 blocks, 1 shy of the single-game record set against Arizona State in 1994.
- Vandy tied a season high with eight steals.
- Saturday's game marked the third time everyone saw action this season.
- The Commodores finished the game with shooting a season best 62.5 percent (30-of-48) from the floor.
- VU also shot a season best 66.7 percent (8-of-12) from outside the arc.
- Vandy shot a season best 76 percent (19-of-25) in the first half.
- VU allowed only 18 points in the first half, a season low for the `Dores.
- Rod Odom finished the game with a career high 21 points on 7-of-10 shooting and 4-of-4 from long range.
- Damian Jones had 16 points and finished with career highs in field goals (8) and field goal attempts (12). Jones also picked up a career high 6 blocks. The last Commodore to have six blocks in a game was Festus Ezeli against LSU in 2011.
- Eric McClellan finished in double-figures for the eighth time this season, and the first in four games. The transfer had 14 points to go along with four rebounds and three assists.
- Kyle Fuller was a perfect 4-of-4 shooting off the bench, and hit 2-of-2 free throws to finish with 11 points. The senior also tacked on four assists and three rebounds.
- Dai-Jon Parker finished with a career best seven assists, while also chipping in on the glass, pulling down four boards.
- Nathan Watkins picked up his first career point when he hit a free throw late in the second half.