VU-W&M postgame notes
Jan. 2, 2013
Vanderbilt 64, William and Mary 50
It was Odom's 22nd start, Moats' 4th, Fuller's 13th, and Bright and Johnson's 12th.
- The win makes Vanderbilt 5-0 all-time versus William and Mary. Head Coach Kevin Stallings is 2-0 all-time versus the Tribe, and is now 267-165 at Vanderbilt and 390-228 overall.
- Stallings registered his 182nd (182-49) career victory at Memorial Gym, which moves past legendary coach Roy Skinner for the most in program history.
- Vanderbilt made a three-pointer for the 844th game in a row, which ranks second in the nation behind UNLV. VU has made a three in every game since the line's inception in the 1986-87 season.
- The Commodores shot 45.3% from the floor, compared to 34.0% for William and Mary. The Tribe averaged nearly 49% from the floor prior to the game.
- Vanderbilt is 5-0 on the season when outshooting its opponent.
- As a team, Vanderbilt blocked a season-high 10 shots.
- Vanderbilt had 14 assists on 24 made field goals.
- Three different Commodores finished in double-figures (Jeter, Johnson and Odom). It is the seventh time this season at least three players reached double-digits in a single game.
- William and Mary outrebounded the Commodores, 35-33. Vanderbilt is now 2-5 when being outrebounded.
- The Commodores outscored the Tribe 28-20 in points in the paint, 14-8 in points off of turnovers, 15-9 in second chance points, 6-2 in fast break points, and 23-10 in bench points.
- The 23 bench points was a season-high for Vanderbilt.
- Twenty-four of the team's 53 field goal attempts came from three-point range. The Commodores converted on 8-of-24 of those attempts.
- Freshman Sheldon Jeter scored a career-high 14 points. Jeter's six made field goals (6-of-7) were also a career-high, as were his 21 minutes played.
- Josh Henderson posted a career-high seven rebounds. Henderson tied a career-high with two blocked shots. His three assists were a season-high.
- Dai-Jon Parker tied a career-high with two steals and had a career-high three blocked shots.
- Rod Odom also tied a career-high with two blocked shots.
- Kevin Bright's two blocked shots were a career-high.
Men's Basketball Headlines