* Vanderbilt's 10-0 win over Indiana marked the Commodores first shutout victory in the NCAA Tournament. It also matched Vanderbilt's most lop-sided victory at the NCAA Tournament. The Commodores defeated Princeton 11-1 at the Charlottesville, Va., Regional in 2004.
* Vanderbilt's five-run fifth marked its most productive inning at the NCAA Tournament since the Commodores posted a six-run third inning in an 11-10 loss to Oklahoma last season in Tempe, Ariz.
* Vanderbilt moves its record to 13-15 all-time at the NCAA Tournament, including 10-9 under seventh-year head coach Tim Corbin. The Commodore victory improved their series record against the Hoosiers to 10-5-1. Saturday's meeting marked the first in the NCAA Tournament.
* Right-handed starter Sonny Gray (5-1) was outstanding on the mound and continues to string together impressive starts in postseason play. The freshman struck out 10 Hoosiers over eight innings, scattering seven hits and a walk. The Smyrna, Tenn., native has 21 strikeouts in his last two starts. Gray struck out 11 South Carolina batters in seven innings in the second round of the Southeastern Conference Tournament on May 21. He has posted 35 of his 69 strikeouts this season during the month of May.
* Gray pitched out of a bases-loaded no-out jam in the fifth inning with Vanderbilt leading 3-0. After Indiana batters knocked three consecutive singles, Gray struck out the next two Hoosiers before coaxing a fielder's choice grounder to the shortstop.
* Steven Liddle went 3-for-5 with a double, three RBI and a run scored against Indiana. He leads the Commodores with 27 multi-hit games and also has 10 multi-RBI performances.
* Fifth-year senior Jonathan White had two hits in four at bats, with an RBI and a team-high three runs scored. White recorded his first triple of the season in the first inning. It marked his second extra-base hit of the Louisville Regional. He doubled to lead off the ninth inning in Vanderbilt's 5-4 loss to Middle Tennessee on Friday.
* Riley Reynolds also recorded three hits on the day with two runs scored and an RBI. It marked his 14th multi-hit game of the season.
* Righthander Taylor Hill pitched the ninth inning against Indiana, recording his first appearance since earning the win in an 8-6 victory over Belmont in the first game of a doubleheader on May 5.
* Vanderbilt faces the loser of tonight's Louisville-Middle Tennessee contest Sunday at 2 p.m. CT.