SEC Baseball Tournament Game Notes Game 4 – Vanderbilt 2, Arkansas 0 Attendance: 6772 May 26, 2010 - Regions Park, Hoover, Ala.
- For the second consecutive year, all four lower seeds won their first round games. Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU, and Vanderbilt all recorded victories on Wednesday.
- Arkansas pitcher Jeremy Heatley made his first career start. The senior threw a career high five innings and recorded another career high with seven strikeouts. He did not allow a run.
- Vanderbilt junior pitcher Sonny Gray made his second consecutive start against the Razorbacks. The right-hander earned the win in both games. His overall stat line shows 15 innings pitched, 14 hits, three earned runs, and 17 strikeouts.
- The Commodores last shutout win came on April 13th when they defeated Middle Tennessee 1-0.
- Vanderbilt victory evened the season series at 2-2. Vanderbilt’s season record improved to 41-15, while the Razorbacks dropped to 40-17.
- Vanderbilt is now 3-0 in the SEC Tournament against Arkansas including the 2007 Championship.
- Vanderbilt first baseman Adam Westlake hit his 12th home run of the season in the eighth inning. Westlake has homered in four straight contests, all against Arkansas, and five of his last seven overall.
- Arkansas was shut out for the first time since March 17, a 6-0 loss at California.
- Vanderbilt has won their last three first-round games in the SEC Tournament and five of their last six since 2004.
Other Vanderbilt Notes - Vanderbilt improved to 5-2 in first round games of the SEC Tournament under Tim Corbin.
- Vanderbilt has won their last three first round games in the SEC Tournament and five of their last six since 2004.
- Vanderbilt’s 2-0 win over Arkansas Wednesday was their fifth shutout win of the year. VU last shutout win came on April 13th when they defeated Middle Tennessee 1-0.
- The 2-0 win over Arkansas marked the fourth SEC opponent the Commodores had shutout this year (defeated Florida 7-0 on April 4 and Kentucky 7-0 on March 26).
- Sonny Gray won his ninth game of the season on Wednesday after scattering seven hits in 7 scoreless innings. Gray had eight strikeouts and one walk to improve to 9-4 on the year.
- The nine wins for Gray marks the most wins for a VU pitcher in a season since Casey Weathers recorded 12 wins in 2007.