May 21, 2010
Arkansas 4, Vanderbilt 3
* Vanderbilt is now 16-8 when the opponent scores first
* Vanderbilt is now 12-6 when opponent scores in the first inning
* Vanderbilt is now 25-9 against right-handed starters
* Vanderbilt is now 18-8 in night games
* Vanderbilt is now 12-4 when it hits two or more home runs in a game.
* Vanderbilt is now 31-8 when the opponent scores five runs or less in a game
* Vanderbilt is now 9-13 when it scores five or less runs in a game.
* Vanderbilt is now 9-6 against teams ranked in the top-25
* Vanderbilt is now 12-6 this season in one-run games
* The loss snaps Vanderbilt’s seven-game winning streak.
* The loss also snaps Vandy’s seven-game winning streak against Arkansas, which dated back to the 2007 SEC Championship game. VU is now 12-12 against the Razorbacks under Tim Corbin.
* In the bottom of the eighth inning, Connor Harrell hit his 13th double of the season.
* Aaron Westlake’s solo home run in the bottom of the ninth inning was his 10th of the season, tying his career-high.
* Andrew Giobbi’s solo home run in the bottom of the ninth inning was his seventh of the season.
* Taylor Hill pitched 7.1 innings and gave up four runs on six hits with five strikeouts in the start for Vandy
* Richie Goodenow pitched 2/3 of an inning and gave up no runs for the third consecutive appearance
* Drew Hayes pitched one-full inning and gave up no runs on no hits for the second consecutive appearance.