Vanderbilt-Tennessee Series Notes Lindsey Nelson Stadium April 25, 2010
* Today's 11-inning game (first game) tied for the longest game (innings wise) of the season for Vanderbilt. It was the third extra-inning game of the season for the Commodores. They defeated Indiana, 6-5 in 11 innings and Austin Peay, 2-1 in 11 innings earlier this year. VU is now 2-1 in extra-inning games this year.
* Despite losing two out of three games this weekend, Vanderbilt's team ERA was 1.71 against Tennessee.
* This weekend marked the first time in four years that the Vanderbilt-Tennessee series was decided by a sweep. VU swept UT in 2007 and 2008 and were then swept last year in Nashville.
* Vanderbilt head coach Tim Corbin is now 16-10 against Tennessee
* Vanderbilt's 10-1 win over UT on Friday was the largest margin of victory over the Vols since the Commodores defeated UT, 15-2 at the 2007 SEC Tournament in Hoover, Ala.
Individual Notes * Taylor Hill allowed three runs, two earned on nine hits with five strikeouts and no walks in 6.2 innings in game two of double-header. Hill has been phenomenal in his last three starts. The junior has allowed only five earned runs in his last 23 innings for a 1.96 ERA. Hill has 15 strikeouts and only 1 walk in his last three starts combined. The right-hander hasn't seen much run support in his last three outings as he sports a 0-1 record during that stretch.
* With Jason Esposito's stolen base in the first inning of game one Sunday, he raised his season total to 21 stolen bases. The mark also tops his 2009 season-total of 20 swiped bags. In 42 games this year, Esposito has converted 21 of 24 stolen base attempts.
* Curt Casali's solo home run in the top of seventh was his fourth long-ball of the year. It marked his first home run since homering on March 6 against Illinois State.
* On Friday night, Sonny Gray won his second straight game to improve to 6-4 on the year, tying a season high with 10 strikeouts. He allowed just one run on a solo homer in the third inning and gave up just three hits and did not walk a batter. Gray lowered his ERA to a team-best 2.22. The Smyrna, Tenn., native has 72 strikeouts in 69.0 innings this year while opponents are hitting just .205 off him.
* Jack Armstrong gave up two runs, both unearned, on four hits in 4.2 innings with three walks and no strikeouts in game one to earn the no-decision in game one of Sunday's double-header.
* Curt Casali led Vanderbilt at the plate this weekend, going 5-for-9 (.556) with a home run and an RBI. Aaron Westlake was 4-for-11 with three RBI while Connor Harrell had three RBI in two games.