Aug. 24, 2010
AROUND THE WEB TUESDAY
- Football: Norman to have MRI on knee (Jeff Lockridge, The Tennessean)
- Football: Rodgers wants to play, willing to wait (Mark Wheeler, The City Paper)
- Football: Norman's knee creates uncertainty (Mark Wheeler, The City Paper)
- Football: Norman to undergo MRI (Chris Low, ESPN.com)
- Football: Reviewing Vanderbilt's scrimmage (Chris Low, ESPN.com)
- Football: Vanderbilt linebackers share Memphis roots (Marlon Morgan, The Commercial Appeal)
- Men's Basketball: SEC Summer Shootaround (Andy Katz, ESPN.com)
- Men's Basketball: SEC Best Case/Worst Case (Eamonn Brennan, ESPN.com)
- Baseball: Unsigned players give teams more hope (Kendall Rogers, Rivals.com)
IN THE PROS
- NFL: Steelers re-sign Matt Stweart (Steelers.com)
- NFL: Titans, Haye - tackle; Winborn - tackle (NFL.com)
- MLB: Pirates, Alvarez - 0-for-3, BB (MLB.com)
- Football: Game 8 Preview - Arkansas Razorbacks (David Rutz)
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Off the field, Robbie Caldwell has become known for his country style, Southern drawl and quick wit. On the field, he's the man in charge of Vanderbilt football, eager to encourage players and prepared to correct mistakes. Enjoy this clip of Coach Caldwell Wired.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
First Graders at Lakeview Elementary in Roy, Utah, have adopted Vanderbilt University as their college to research this year. The program is modeled after their school motto... "We are going to college!"
Students will be learning some of the Dynamite fight song, and wearing Vanderbilt shirts on Wednesdays.
You can send in your Commodore youngster photos (click here to submit), and I'll post the image in a future edition of Barca Break.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
"He's going to get checked out on Wednesday, he's got an MRI and everything so we'll find out more about what the details are. We have no clue if it was last spring or this fall but all of the sudden it just swelled up." -- Football head coach Robbie Caldwell on Warren Norman's injury (Source: The City Paper)
TWEETS OF THE DAY
@mayordwilliams: Robbie Caldwell the head football coach at Vanderbilt is awesome! I love his press conferences...#RobbieCaldwell
@SECPRGuy: SEC and ESPN flags fly at ESPN HQ in Bristol, CT. http://tweetphoto.com/41086036
@slmandel (SI.com's Stewart Mandel): History says at least 2 teams will go from unranked to BCS this year. Who might they be? My column: http://bit.ly/c91Fya
@sportsguy33 (ESPN.com's Bill Simmons): Was there a better 2-year run of rewatchable movies than Sly Stallone's 1981-82? Nighthawks, Victory, Rocky 3, First Blood. Top that one.
RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY
Classic clip from The Cosby Show. What a great lesson on the value of money (and life).
Click here to send in your submission for "Random Video of the Day" and I may post it in a future entry.
SONG OF THE DAY
Michael Franti & Spearhead - Say Hey (I Love You)
CONNECT WITH US TODAY
Follow me on Twitter @BarcaBlog, and become a fan of the Commodores Facebook Fan Page
MORE BARCA BREAK
Monday, August 23 | Sunday, August 22 | Saturday, August 21 | GO TO ARCHIVE