- Football: Commodores get visit from former coach (Mike Organ, The Tennessean)
- Football: SEC preseason power rankings (Chris Low, ESPN.com)
- Football: ACC vs. SEC: Who has the better defense? (Tony Barnhart, Atlanta Journal Constitution)
- Football: DJ Moore making run for nickel job (Michael C. Wright, ESPNchicago.com)
- Football: Vandy's 1st Day in Pads (Mike Strasinger, SportsNashville.net)
- Football: Finding end zone, fixing offense key for Vandy (Associated Press)
- Football: SECond to None - Southeastern Conference rules (Paul Newberry, Associated Press)
- Baseball: Minor's next start is Aug. 17 (David O'Brien, Atlanta Journal Constitution)
- Baseball: Ziomek opts for college over pros (Garry Brown, The Republican)
- Baseball: MLB Draft Profiles: J. Armstrong (Josh Cooper, ESPN Insider)
- Baseball: Alvarez Box Score, 1-for-3, RBI (31), BB (MLB.com)
- Women's Golf: Alex rolls into Women's Am match play (Beth Ann Baldry, GolfWeek.com)
- Football: Commodores impressive during first full-gear session (Larry Leathers)
- Women's Golf: Alex advances at U.S. Amateur (Andy Boggs)
- General: Joe Fisher's Tuesday Commodore Update with 97.1 (Audio)
- General: Hall of Fame Dinner nearing sellout (Rod Williamson)
VIDEO OF THE DAY
Coach Caldwell addressed several topics following practice Tuesday including Coach Johnson's visit, Wesley Tate's status, and how the team responded to its first session in full pads. Watch Video
PHOTO OF THE DAY
(Photo Credit: John Russell, Vanderbilt University)
Bobby Johnson made his first appearance at Vanderbilt's practice Tuesday since retiring on July 14.
"It was good to see him and I appreciated him being here, Caldwell said. "Bobby Johnson has an open invitation any time here. I'd like to get him to hang out with us more ... It's a pleasure to have him around. He's a great person and a great mentor."
QUOTES OF THE DAY
- "I'm just trying to give `em a little culture, mixed in between Lemonade and Get Big." -- Caldwell on his own addition to the team's pre-practice music selection, the Bobby Bare classic "Dropkick Me Jesus Thru the Goalposts of Life
- "I had a bad attitude, pretty much. I just felt that I should've been playing. I knew I was good or whatnot, but I wasn't playing on anything. And I sort of had to realize that sometimes you've got to just wait your time. You just have to work your way into it, or be a little nicer to the coaches and whatnot. Pretty much, I just had to grow up." -- Chicago Bears defensive back DJ Moore on his struggles as a rookie last season
REMINDER OF THE DAY
An array of family and kids activities are on tap Sunday (Aug. 15) as Vanderbilt athletics hosts its annual fan day event -- Dore Jam -- from 4-6 p.m. CT at the John Rich Practice Facility (corner of Natchez Trace and Jess Neely Drive). This is your chance to meet Robbie Caldwell and the Commodore football team. Following the event, the Vanderbilt women's soccer team will play its only exhibition game of the year when Belmont visits the VU Soccer Complex for a 6 p.m. start.
TWEETS OF THE DAY
@SECSportsUpdate: ESPN's Pat Forde (@espn4d) says the "SEC Is The Standard Of Excellence In College Football" http://es.pn/ceBpBE
RANDOM VIDEO OF THE DAY
EAsports released Madden NFL 11 Tuesday. The first gaming system I played as a kid was Intellivision. Oh, how the times have changed.
Click here to send in your submission for "Random Video of the Day" and I may post it in a future entry.
CONNECT WITH US TODAY
Follow me on Twitter @BarcaBlog, and become a fan of the Commodores Facebook Fan Page